Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:11 pm 
Baitfish

Fished sat 7am 12:30 . Bait all over with arches in bait around bait under bait and not one hit ? What gives . Seems like fish are there just can't get bit . Didnt see 1 net get used today . And there were a lot of boats out there . Fished around the ferry boats and east . S turns varied speed etc etc . Even had a downrigger going . Nada .

Post subject: Comatose Walleye Update
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:32 pm 
Walleye Master

We trolled from gap to west of the cave and half way back not a sniff. Lost one fish early this morning but seemed wooly.

https://kingstonsportfishing.ca/

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:59 am 
Goby

Caught 2 Walleye since Sept 28th. 2 Pike, 1 Sheepshead.

Struck out in 13 consecutive outings throughout October/November focused mostly on mouth of Hay Bay. . Really started to notice more bait fish in the past two weeks and we are marking many more fish than we have over the past month.

It got really rough out there on Friday and saw a boat wisely turn back midday as we were coming back in.

Was going to head out yesterday but will wait until things are a lot quieter mid week. Probably 40 boats went out of Picton Bay yesterday morning. Daughters visiting December 18th and expecting Pickerel dinner. Looking forward to seeing her and the fish!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:36 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

45 hours trolling Adolphus reach since the 24 of October, 7 Walleye in the boat. Most of it with 4 boards out.
Tim

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:01 pm 
Jumbo Perch

Ditto here ,not a sniff even trolled mouth of hay. Lets hope they feed come first ice.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:36 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Add another 5 .5 hours today with nothing and marked only 1 bait ball, trolled from Keiths to Pryners on both sides and middle.
Tim

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:19 am 
Walleye Angler

The bay is definitely not like she use to be. From the days of multi 10 pounders it's sad to see so much water with nothing. I wonder if the Bay of Quinte will ever see the action of those glory years?

Post subject: Comatose Walleye Update
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:35 am 
Walleye Master

I don't think anyone said there is nothing in the water. The issue is the thousands of marks on the sonar are not biting.

Many have made the comment of late about water temp being too warm (which I agree). If you go back to the "glory days" I'm sure the water was much cooler in October/November and possibly less bait in the system also.

https://kingstonsportfishing.ca/

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:12 am 
Walleye Wisdom

I was down at the Amherst ferry Dock at 1am this morning casting, the gizzard shad were swimming by in the thousands. The water temp may be warmer but they also have tons of bait to chose from as well.
Tim

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:01 pm 
Walleye Master

I don't think there is as many big fish being kept as you think there are. Yes, some people do keep the big fish, and yes, I'm sure some people do break the rules by keeping more than they are allowed, but I would imagine this is still a very low percentage overall. I believe with all the information available today on forums like this, Facebook and TV shows etc... people are more educated than in the past about the importance of releasing these trophy fish. Everybody is entitled to 1 walleye over 24.8" so like it or not, there will always be people keeping big fish. My biggest walleye was caught 2 years ago weighing 12.5 pounds, and trust me, if I had the money at the time, it would be hanging on my wall!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:36 pm 
Walleye Master

Give Advanced Taxidermy a call and see what the price is to get a replica mount done on 12-14 pound walleye. You may be shocked. I know I was...lol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:39 pm 
Walleye

I've been following closely the reports for the last few years, I can say we did well back in 03 to 06 and water temps in the high 40's, my past trip during the 1st week of November saw a lot of bait west of the lighthouse and not many marks, tons of marks out at the gap but,there were a lot of sheep and bass mixed in at that time. I can also tell you a friend of mine and his gang caught 500 eyes jigging long Reach 2 years ago and last year maybe a dozen fish. My own opinion numbers are down, bait is way up.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:38 pm 
Jumbo Perch

it easy to set on the couch and complain that the fishing is slow or to many guys r keeping the big once it harder to get out there and get um that just it that's y we love fishing walleye bc there hard to get the walleye will come some time there early some times late look at the summer the guys said the waters were to cold for the salmon and we had some of the best fishing in aug and then some of the best runs in the rivers he have had in years. Look at the deer hunt!!!!! one of the warmest deer hunts I have had in my 11 year we just need to wait. The bait is in and they have all the food they wont right now

I was out on the weekend"nov21" we got two and lots one biggest one being 12.6 lbs other one was around 6. We marked lots but hard bit bc of all the boat. Just picture this u r eating dinner and 200 boats motor into your kitchen I think u would be done eating fast too lol

better fishing to come boys but ya cant get um on the couch

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:33 pm 
Walleye

Going out this Saturday we'll see what it brings?

banner ad