Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:46 pm 
Walleye

Long Reach froze over last night! Don't know how long it will last with warmer temps forecast for the rest of the week, but definitely good to see.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:01 pm 
Walleye

It won't be for long :cry: they are calling for +5 and 6 for Saturday/Sunday both days with rain.

RangerZ20[size=200][color=#0040FF][/color][/size]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:45 pm 
Walleye Angler

Yeah, but did you check out next week? It's just going to warm up a little for 24-48 hours. THere's probably going to be three inches in most places after tonight and that will be a good base next week when it drops below and stays below 0 for 10 days...

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/14- ... 4day_table

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:08 pm 
Walleye

my 2 cents as follows

since no buddy has been pooping holes thru the ice making it swiss cheese we wont have the craters that happen when the open holes "rot" with the rain water running down them and turn an 8" hole into a 4ft hole.

my optimistic prediction is that the water will just pool in top as 15mm total it not that much. Sunday the rain turns to wet snow creating a "slop" on top of the ice. Then the temps drop minus double digits at night all next week.

that will firm up that slop creating thickness (not perfect ice for quality) but is does give some meat to it.

fingers crossed ill be fishing next weekend.

PLEASE to the weather gods.

cheers boys shes coming

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:32 pm 
Walleye

I was told tonight that someone was ice fishing somewhere out by deseronto today if it's true they aren't too bright

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:18 am 
Walleye Angler

falsetto wrote:
my 2 cents as follows

since no buddy has been pooping holes thru the ice making it swiss cheese we wont have the craters that happen when the open holes "rot" with the rain water running down them and turn an 8" hole into a 4ft hole.

my optimistic prediction is that the water will just pool in top as 15mm total it not that much. Sunday the rain turns to wet snow creating a "slop" on top of the ice. Then the temps drop minus double digits at night all next week.

that will firm up that slop creating thickness (not perfect ice for quality) but is does give some meat to it.

fingers crossed ill be fishing next weekend.

That's my read on it too. As long as there is not a lot of rain or wind on the weekend, the

PLEASE to the weather gods.

cheers boys shes coming

That's my read on it too. As long as there isn't a big wind with the rain, the ice that's there should hold and the Bay should be good to go mid week. Of course, there were guys out off potters today and there will be more out tomorrow as well. All depends on your comfort level...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:47 am 
Walleye

Guys on potters this morn and few other places

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:33 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Here we go again with the not to bright comments!!!! Get off your couch and throw a spud threw the ice if your going to make comments about guys fishing. If you did get off your computer u would realize there's 3.5"s in some spots. I believe the ice will hold threw the warm spell as long as the winds stay down.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:27 am 
Walleye

pickerel killer wrote:
Here we go again with the not to bright comments!!!! Get off your couch and throw a spud threw the ice if your going to make comments about guys fishing. If you did get off your computer u would realize there's 3.5"s in some spots. I believe the ice will hold threw the warm spell as long as the winds stay down.

"in some spots" are the key words. For those who are not familiar with the bay, there are areas with some strong currents particularly near river mouths and all along Long Reach, where the ice can be considerably thinner. Still may a bit to early to be venturing out, another week or so wont kill anyone. CAUTION CAUTION CAUTION.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:30 pm 
Walleye

You venture out and drown your fault. The problem is the emergency staff that get the call and have to risk their lives many of which are volunteers and for what a walleye?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:48 pm 
Walleye Catcher

scout wrote:
You venture out and drown your fault. The problem is the emergency staff that get the call and have to risk their lives many of which are volunteers and for what a walleye?

Never fails... this time of year when the ice is just forming, there is a "baitfish" or a "guppy" with their advice and opinions on why we are more foolish than he in relation to venturing out on the ice. He has no real content in his reply whatsoever in relation to fishing.

I did make it down with my spud today and was shocked to see 4" of ice 50' off the bank in my area. Won't be long...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:35 pm 
Walleye

Baitfiah or guppy comment is low blow just cause someone hs been on this board longer does not mean they know anymore or less..being said there was people out today on three and a hakf in some spots just dont venture out if you dont know the area wait till your sure of things

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:10 pm 
Walleye Catcher

captainconsecon wrote:
Baitfiah or guppy comment is low blow just cause someone hs been on this board longer does not mean they know anymore or less..being said there was people out today on three and a hakf in some spots just dont venture out if you dont know the area wait till your sure of things

Nothing to do with me being here longer, keep it fishing related.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:39 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

There were a few brave souls fishing below the Deseronto bridge late today. They were in a row boat sitting on the the ice. Did anyone else see these dye hards. Yikes! BATMAN

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:56 pm 
Walleye

lol

That's funny in itself! " yep ice is good lets go fishing, but lets drag the boat out just in case". lol

Definitely an A for effort.

cheers boys shes coming, and lets play safe this year, good luck to all.

banner ad