banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:24 pm 
Walleye Master

Well, as every year I search hard for lakers on the hardwater and this weekend will be no different..... this year our 10 man team will be heading north to Bark Lake for lakers, ling, walleye and speckies... ;)

Money will be on the line and this lil trouphy to...

Good luck to all participating.

Regards,
Randy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:31 pm 
Walleye Master

Very cool tradition

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:30 am 
Walleye

Fished Papineau last Friday, solid 8 inches of ice and was making ice like crazy that day. Only 1 small laker to report but a great day regardless. I would be hesitant and check ice towards the middle in deep water, as middle is last to freeze in those deep water lakes. Papineau only completely capped over completely 2-2 1/2 weeks ago. I don't see Bark being that much different. We drove up to boat launch on bottom of Cook's bay and it was frozen as far as u could see. Water is way down. Good luck and have fun.

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:18 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Jubes Walleye wrote:
Fished Papineau last Friday, solid 8 inches of ice and was making ice like crazy that day. Only 1 small laker to report but a great day regardless. I would be hesitant and check ice towards the middle in deep water, as middle is last to freeze in those deep water lakes. Papineau only completely capped over completely 2-2 1/2 weeks ago. I don't see Bark being that much different. We drove up to boat launch on bottom of Cook's bay and it was frozen as far as u could see. Water is way down. Good luck and have fun.

Are you talking of Cooks Bay at lake Simcoe if so the they said hut operators pulled there huts off of Cooks Bay

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:07 pm 
Guppy

Where are you catching the specks on Bark Lake
pm me

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:52 pm 
Minnow

Hey Gone Fish'in
I've never been to bark lake, it looks like a good size lake. Do you know if there's a good population of walleye there? I guess the ice is probably still good there? If so, do you know any good places to stay that's open for ice fishing season?
Thanks
Doug

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:59 pm 
Walleye Master

Thanks Jubes Walleye for the update. Really appreciate it . This is the first year I haven't been on Lake Papineau in many years.... I'll be there soon though.. I had friends up there that did really well again within the last couple of weeks.

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:02 pm 
Walleye Master

johnwltf.... PM sent

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:09 pm 
Walleye Master

Dougo, this is the first time I have fished this lake but have fish the area for years. I have heard she holds a good amount of walleye now, I'll be targeting lakers for the weekend ... I'll give you any update on accommodations once I get back.

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:08 pm 
Minnow

Gone Fish'in
Thanks a lot I'm really looking forward to hearing. Doesn't look like we're going to get good ice at quinte and I'd really like to find out about bark lake
Thanks again
Doug

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:28 pm 
Walleye

Sorry, must have had Simcoe on my mind. It's Harris Bay that we drove up to. Bark has a good population of walleye but its not a lake I would go wandering around on unless you know where u are going. Its big and deep and the rivers add a varying degree of current as well. If I were going to target walleye I would probably go in from the Madawaska end. Lots of walleye in Bark but you need to know where to fish them. I know guys who also target the ling in Bark during the winter. I prefer Papineau for the laker fishing. As I said Pap just capped only a few weeks ago. Not sure I would just go wandering around without checking as u go every so often. Friends who reside on Papineau said the center was open long after the shore had frozen. And if you have found a speckie hole on Bark I would keep it a secret............I have never been lucky enough to catch one there!! But several cold beer and a ride up if you are willing to let me know:] Good luck and tight lines to you guys for your weekend away......cheers. Btw not the snow up there as per norm. Maybe 12-14" in the bush. Ride bike almost anywhere. However that can change overnight up that way!!

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:47 am 
Guppy

Carefull on bark lake the lake is lowered every year and the ice drops creates some dangerous ice.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:21 pm 
Walleye Angler

Hey Randy, a guy at work has a cup just like yours! :lol:

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:11 pm 
Walleye

That's awesome that you have a continuing tradition like that. Best of luck.

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:01 pm 
Walleye

Hey guys can i ask what ice drops are...im assuming the whole lake freezes over and locks up to the shore and then the water levels go down bigtime so the ice drops and gets all messed up??? Just curious never heard that term before

banner ad