banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 7:51 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:40 am 
Walleye

Any input for the above subject, seems the insurance is pretty high , around 400 per year

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:59 pm 
Walleye Master

i work in insurance.

400 a year for the risk an Insurer runs, insuring a snowmobiler, is actually quite low. Its a VERY risky 'sport'.

The insurance industry has been pushing for NO NIGHT running...this would reduce costs...but piss off all the snowmobilers...

Now with the court ruling about noise violations near private property...

Its an expensive sport. I wouldn't expect to pay much less than that for a year....

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:54 am 
Jumbo Perch

Just insured my sled yesterday and it ran me about$480 and that is without colision!Full package runs around $540 and it has to be for the hole year? Wow 3 month of use and year of payment???........pauly :cry:

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:54 am 
Walleye Master

the years worth of payment is to lessen your premium payments.

You only get three months (or less of use), so technically you should pay your 500 dollar premium over those three months...but the Insurance Companies are willing to split the total premium over 12 months....

Here's something to try. Take out the Insurance in October. Cancel it in March/APril, see what happends.

Pro-Rata. You will only get a couple bucks back. The majority of your premiums are earned in those three months....

You guys dont want to know that stats on snowmobiling claims....there's almost no point in insuring them, as a company will pay out close to three times what they bring in. (depending on ratio's of course...but thats pretty close)

banner ad
 Post subject: Insurance
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:48 am 
Goby

I just bought a new 2004 Yamaha Venture 2-up 500cc $280/year without collision. Get a quote with Primmum Insurance, these guy's are the cheepest I have my Atv also insured with them for a reasonable price.

Mike

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:35 am 
Walleye Master

check your liability....

it may be significantly less....which is why you have lower premiums....

premiums are not just a number pulled from the air. Underwriters/Brokers use actuarial data to determine rates.

if your paying less, compared to someone else, its 99.9% likely its because your getting less. whether its higher deducatables, lower liability, etc.

The average Auto Liablity claim in the province of Ontario is close to 3Million, but the average liability coverage a person takes out is usually significantly less.

I'm sure its the same for snowmobiling.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:07 pm 
Walleye

Don't know about sleds, but if you buy your car and home insurance through Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters they insure ATV's for $69.00 and small boats for free. You have to be a member but with all the other benifits and you can save on insurance too, it's a great deal.

The phone numbers in every issue of Ontario Out of
Doors.

Bassn51
take your grandkids fishing

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:50 pm 
Goby

Just bought Bomardier Grand Touring' 05 and insured it, adding to my SUVs/boat/home insurance package for just amazing $136 per year with ING insurance. Friend of mine insured his '04 Grand Touring with Primmum Ins. for $314 per year.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:20 am 
Walleye Master

how much is your coverage?

collision?

comp?

deductables?

liability?

As i said above, rates are predetermined....many times (not all times), if your paying less, your getting less.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:40 pm 
Goby

i have 99 mxz670 and 96 formula ss670 with myself and my 19 year old boy my 15 year old daughter and my 13 year old son we pay 350 asled no collision though avia traders insurance,handled by mass brokers out of toronto.We shopped it around and this was the best we could do although i had to put my cars with them to get this rate.

banner ad
banner ad