banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:01 pm 
Walleye

Great job Steve. I miss your reports on sp'ers but I completely understand why you don't post there. I also enjoyed your comments about fishing with your dad. The bond you two have is great and cherish it as long as you can.

Just curious about your comment about not fishing with a north wind. You fish the western shore of the lake and north winds would not affect you with any significant waves so is your concern water temps? We launch our boat from the beach in Pickering (13' Smokercraft Alaskan) and fish the nuke plant and our best days are north winds. Just wondering why you choose not to fish in north wind conditions on the west end of the lake.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:04 pm 
Walleye Master

Thank you for the kind comments Sir.

My comments with respect to North winds are based on fishing the South Shore in the Winter/Spring for trout (when I fish Niagara, Weller, Dalhousie, Jordan, and Grimsby).

When fishing those ports, a North wind can be nasty....

Of course later in the year, when I move back home, here to Hamilton, the north winds are acceptable....especially if they are NW winds.

As for the bond with my old man...it is one I truly appreciate and greatly value!!! :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:50 am 
Guppy

Thx for the pointers, hopefully get out at end of month. We have spent most of our non quinte time on the lower Niagara river launching at queens ton and when crossing back from Buffalo last week saw a few boats on the upper Niagara. So shallow trolling is indeed going to be a learning experience! Checked out a few areas down here for ice conditions but they all looked fragile and white ice, so we will wait for open water again.