Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:56 pm 
Walleye Master

Up-date for Big lake Trolling Workshop.

Carrying Place United Church for Saturday April 23rd.
20 Old Portage Rd.
Carrying Place, Ont.

I have a list of 40 people registered for the workshop. If for any reason something has come up and you can't make it PM me please. We have a waiting list.

We will start at 9 am sharp. There will be free coffee before hand.

The first part in the morning will be a PowerPoint presentation on currents and how and where to fish them. Also scents and de-scenting lures for salmon & trout angling. When to use leadcore and copper rods. Included is a section on stealth, what it is and when to use it. When and how to use dipseys and quad dipsey setups. We will answer questions during presentations.

Short coffee break and then the hands on demonstrations on knots, cutbait and M. C. Rocket rigging. To make it go quicker we have 4 members that can instruct the snell knot and sliding snell. The Rocketman will be present to demonstrate tuning Rockets.

Free bar-b-que at noon. I will have the Grand Slam there with rigging to demonstrate techniques like fixed sliders, Mup rigging spoons, the Thumper Rod, how and when to run different length releases and how rigger weights work. Also how to voltage proof your big lake boat.
(Black Box)

After lunch will continue with the presentation on cutbait (herring strips), flasher/fly presentations and a lot of tips and tricks.. Also how to make the infamous Twinkie Rig (3 fly). Probably finish around 3 pm. Some of us will hang around as we are cleaning up and answer any questions.

Message me if you can't make it.
Al

Captain - Team ATOMMIK/Rockets

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:16 am 
Walleye Master

For those attending the workshop on Saturday if you bring a stick drive I will down load the Power Point presentation for you for future references.

Al

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:50 pm 
Walleye Angler

Many thanks Al, and any others involved . Very informative day and to be fed too. If your wife did the chocolate cake she deserves a medal. You should have charged admission.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:26 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Thanks Al and the other involved .I learned alot about fishing for salmon and it was great talking to everyone there.It was also nice to win the 50/50 ,thanks to the guys that did the cooking .I would for sure attend again now to get the boat ready. :D :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:21 am 
Walleye Master

I am glad you guys enjoyed the presentation. I think we got almost everyone in from the waiting list after a few cancellations. Awesome questions during the presentation.

Big thanks to the people that donated to the CLOSA chinook pen imprinting project.

The main reason for the presentation was that CLOSA has a lot of members in eastern Ontario that can't make our general meetings during the week because of the driving distance. I am glad that we could accommodate other interested people in the area.

Big thanks to Mike Caine of M. C. Rockets and Tom Allen of A-TOM-MIK trolling flies for donating product for the give aways and the 50-50 raffle.

I know that my theory on colour & UV is very controversial to say the least.
But this will be my 40th year trolling on the big lake and I have tested a lot of lures for manufacturers. I positively believe in reflective value of a presentation.
Scientists have proved that most fish can't see UV. I explained what the UV coating does to lures.
Secondly black & white are not colours. I can add black or white to any lure that you are doing well with and increase the productivity of that lure. Just something for you to think about. :) :) :)

Al

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:36 am 
Walleye Angler

Another "Thank you" to AL and Mike for this great opportunity for Salmon newbies to get years worth of info on one day.
My fishing buddy and I are going to put the info, and the MC Rockets, to good use this summer!

banner ad