Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:03 am 
Walleye Fry

With the nice weather I noticed a lot of people fishing this weekend I was always under the impression that Here in Belleville (The river I know for sure) was a sanctuary till Walleye opener in May and I have never dropped a line until then. I am wondering where this sanctuary ends and where is open to even pan fish is the pier legal right now? And What about sheepshead are they open to fish basically looking to wet a line and have no desire to keep anything till Walleye opens I have always waited.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:30 am 
Walleye

Pike is open all year in zone 17. We just did a pike tourament on Crowe Lake this past weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:08 pm 
Perch

This should help...

https://www.ontario.ca/document/ontario ... ns-summary

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:33 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Starts at the Lott dam then south to the Bay of Quinte including Belleville Harbour

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:11 pm 
Walleye

wrighty52 wrote:
Pike is open all year in zone 17. We just did a pike tourament on Crowe Lake this past weekend.

Never fished crowe lake how is the pike fishing there. Are the pike done spawning. Also is there a public launch

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:01 am 
Walleye

The fishing wasnt too bad. We saw quite a few in the morning swiming in the shallows. We had 15 boats in the tournament and most weighed a fish in. One boat found a good bunch of crappie by mistake and caught a boat load of those too.
There is a public boat launch a few minutes north of the light in Marmora on the river.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:05 am 
Baitfish

What about east of the Glenora ferry is that open? Not sure how to interpret the exceptions for Zone 20.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:24 am 
Walleye Fry

wayne wrote:
Starts at the Lott dam then south to the Bay of Quinte including Belleville Harbour

Thanks guys so I guess the pier is ok to fish as long as the fish are in season of course.

I think that when I read the regs a few years back I was thinking myers pier (or somewhere else) was the Belleville Harbour as there was nothing else there (starting construction). For about 4 or so years now I thought I couldn't fish until the usual opener.

Now the regs still don't mention the sheepshead that I can see, A nice sized drum would be a great start to the season. Any chance I would get in trouble targeting them? Again no desire what so ever to keep would be just for a photo if lucky I have a buddy who has never caught one.

Thanks again,

Dylan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:37 am 
Walleye Master

Learningtofishhere wrote:
What about east of the Glenora ferry is that open? Not sure how to interpret the exceptions for Zone 20.

Zone 20 rules apply for open seasons on whatever species you are looking for. The exceptions for east of the ferry are 2 lines per angler are allowed.

Good Luck!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:54 am 
Walleye Wisdom

If your in Belleville you have the eastern tribs opening up for trout this sat then just two more weeks until walleye opener

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:23 am 
Baitfish

sheepshead, brownbullhead, rockbass, white bass, white perch, yellow perch, crappie, bluegill, pumkinseed, garr pike, white sucker, longnose sucker, carp, and gobies are open all year long you can fish for them anywhere thats not a fish sanctuary.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:51 pm 
Walleye

what about bowfin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:03 pm 
Baitfish

yes bowfin too. iv never caught one, they are a rare catch i hear they fight hard.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 10:09 am 
Walleye Angler

stinkbait wrote:
yes bowfin too. iv never caught one, they are a rare catch i hear they fight hard.

Do they ever!! I caught one several years back while bass fishing using a floating frog and holy crap can they put up a great fight!! I was surprised at what was on the end of my line, now I see them quite often when fishing the lillypads for bass, always hoping to hook into another one!

"I would never lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation"

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 2:29 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Swiftdeer wrote:
stinkbait wrote:

Do they ever!! I caught one several years back while bass fishing using a floating frog and holy crap can they put up a great fight!! I was surprised at what was on the end of my line, now I see them quite often when fishing the lillypads for bass, always hoping to hook into another one!

You sure it was a bowfin you caught,sounds like a gar pike.