Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: West Lake boat ramp
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:37 am 
Walleye Fry

West lake box has been there for a while. $6 to launch is fair and yes there's plenty space to park.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:06 pm 
Walleye Angler

They hired students to pick up cash and ticket offenders= added expense of user fees.

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:16 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

They are charging at Wellers Bay on Edward Dr.in Wellington now and at Rossmore launch at the Bay Bridge also.Both places $6.00. Why the $6.00 some times you dont have a loonie $5.00 would make more sence.

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:41 pm 
Perch

Have to wonder what 'Mabel' would think about the County charging for parking at her boat launch?

Todd Smith's office has received numerous complaints about new fees at certain launches. I would suggest you contact him if you are against the fees.

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:57 pm 
Walleye Angler

I didn't think it was a parking fee as it's a right of way, I thought it was a launch fee.

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:02 am 
Walleye Angler

The launch at the Wellington beach street and wellers on Edwards drive are brutal , both are on an angle when you pull your trailer in , your trailer sits with the left side out of the water and your right side is sunk down a foot . And it is difficult to get your boat on the trailer right . I don't have a problem paying a fee if the county replaced or fixed the launches . But to charge for existing garbage launches ain't right . Sure they made a new parking area at Wellers but it's the launch that matters to most .

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:50 pm 
Walleye Master

A lot of years I have bought a season boat launch that was only good for the two county launches they are picton and wellington all other launchers were always free because they were in such bad shape.........now it seems to me that they are charging for other ramps now that is ok but honestly what bothers me is the only people who bother to pay the fee are .. THE HONIST PEOPLE.... like someone said opening of bass there was 50 boats and I doubt half them paid they just launch......... same thing with Picton expressly in the fall hundreds of boats launch each week and you hardly ever see someone deposit money in the box this really sucks for the honest people to see this and wonder why they bothered to pay ......... By the way for 60 dollars you get a little card to put on your dash , when you pay 6 dollars you get no receipt to place on your dash ...... I only take offence because I live in wellington. and pay taxes to the county and I pay to launch when so many do not. not that we all don't pay taxes but you know what I mean

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:04 pm 
Walleye

Why not do away with cash boxes and have us folks buy an annual launch pass that is issued by the county to stick on your window or hang from your mirror, good for use at any launch in the county? This will bring more revenue, keep people honest and allows those launch supervisors to ticket those without tags.

I myself am reluctant to put cash in those boxes for the fear of people breaking in them at night when no one is around.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:15 am 
Walleye Angler

The other thing to consider as some have mentioned, we all pay taxes here, and those taxes just get higher and higher. Prices have all gone nuts especially after the county got its vqa rating. When we bought the cottage and property 48 yrs ago, it was five thousand bucks. The prices have skyrocketed. Multi million dollar homes...and they can't even fix the bloody roads. Heck the road that my cottage is on just on Adolphus reach says something about not recommended for passenger cars, and it gets pot holed, but it's a county road and there are several houses/cottages here. Personally, I think anyone that lives or pays taxes in the county should receive a pass for these launches, and not have to pay. The county seems to get busier and busier each year. We stopped putting the boat in the water about 10 + years ago in favour of kayaks. It's hard to justify spending 6 bucks to drop, not launch, my Kayak. And it really makes you wonder how often they do come around as some of those garbage cans at some of the areas stink to high heaven like something is dead in there and has been simmering for days on end. So provide the tax payers here with a pass, it wouldn't kill them. But, I digress.

"I would never lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation"

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:05 pm 
Walleye Master

Just in the wellington news this week they are going to have a bus that drives a route to 5 or 6 wineries also to north beach all for free or a simple donation, and if you take this bus there is no fee to get into north beach and spend the day as long as you ride the bus, I think its going to run from 8 am til 6 pm 7 days a week , I bet they will not have to pay to park a car and go on a free wine tour and trip to the beach, not a bad deal if you ask me, I guess this is an effort to draw in tourists to wellington . bottom line is they do not care about local people or boaters and fishermen.... this seems to be common place in the ..NORTH AMERICAN GOVERNMENT. I say this because I'm an American Immigrant to Canada and both the governments seem more than willing to kiss the Azz of other countries and constantly screw over there own people who elected them into office. go figure!

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:40 pm 
Walleye Angler

Its just the county trying to monopolize on the fisherpeople that already bring a great deal of business into the county... But you're right, its all about appeasing the tourists, keep taxing your locals and charge and arm and a leg for everything here local or not. It's funny cause Niagara falls has a tourist tax, but if you can prove you are local you don't get it on your bill. Why can't they do that Here?

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:39 pm 
Walleye Angler

Also charging at the launch at prinyers as well.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:43 am 
Walleye Angler

Also charging at the launch at prinyers as well.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:08 am 
Walleye Angler

When a councilor stated that expenses and taxes have been going up ever since amalgamation and we must find ways to cut expenses others said no we must find new innovative ways to raise taxes.

Now that we have innovative launch fees and the added expenses of collecting them, does it cost more to collect the fees than maintain the ramp? Does the fee cover the cost of collecting it?

How can we be sure that everyone pays the fee, we need the added expense of full time attendants at the ramps to be sure those who carry a boat on the roof or back of a truck are not getting away with tax evasion.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:04 pm 
Walleye

They should be paying me 6 dollars to use rossmore it is trash

banner ad
banner ad