Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:46 pm 
Jumbo Perch

Just a couple of questions to hopefully get some conversation going.....

After talking to anglers at the last QFS tournament and tackle shops, I thought I would ask here and see what the opinions of other anglers might be ?

1) Would you fish (or fish more) of the QFS tournaments if there more 1 day events vs 2 days ?

2) Would it make a difference if a one day tournament was $ 10 dollars more to avoid paying the yearly 40 dollar membership fee per person.

The reasons for these questions is to start some open dialogue and perhaps get to understand if anglers want to see more one day tournaments and not have to pay an associated membership fee to fish one or two tournaments. Not sure if this will mean more anglers per tournament for better payouts and maybe more new tournament anglers signing up, but that's what I have been hearing.

If you can, answer 1- y/n 2- y/n it will be interesting to see what people think.

www.bassmagnetlures.com
www.waterwolflures.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:16 pm 
Walleye

Last edited by Pepe Parisien on Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:51 pm 
Jumbo Perch

Please keep the answers related to the 2 questions only to avoid things going off the rails

www.bassmagnetlures.com
www.waterwolflures.com

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:25 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Personally I prefer the 2 day events, kinda take the sh!t luck out of the 1 day events and proves consistency.
10$ more would not make a difference.
Teppy

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:23 am 
Walleye Catcher

My personal opinion I love the one day events. Does the 10$ need to be added no I don't think so. 40$ to fish tournaments all summer isn't a bank breaker I don't think. The reason I say one days are great couple reasons. One. There seems to be a lot more boats. Probably based on the price and not taking up the whole weekend. Two. On a one day event you have one day to shine and bring in your best. Cause as far as I am concerned. In a 2 day event. If you don't do well on day one. Unless you bring Ina ridiculous number on day 2 you are basically out of the running anyways. Three. With the more boats in the one day events that has already shown itself this year that one days draws more than a 2 day. Is that there is a greater payout and more boats get paid.

That's my opinion on it

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:16 pm 
Jumbo Perch

Unless you are doing every tournament then the 40$ isn't that bad but if you can't commit to doing the whole series because of varying reasons (kids sports....lol) its quite a big add on to your one entry fee. For us who can't fish four days a week or more to get ready for a tourney you might as well put your dollars away over the winter and commit to one the pro/ams like the Kingston Open or the one on Quinte in Aug ( I just signed up for) as a non boater. Get your tournament fix and have the chance to gain some great knowledge. Hopefully when my son turns 16 we will be able to commit to the whole series. Maybe they should think about doing a few pro/am style tournaments......most of the teams that fish the series each angler has his/her own boat anyways so may get a bigger field if they split up, keep it affordable for the ams and get people who generally don't fish tournaments a chance to experience it and they may grow the series even bigger.

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:46 pm 
Jumbo Perch

Sorry Mike...so
#1-no
#2-yes

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:30 pm 
Walleye Master

1-yes
2-yes
Hurts the ability to fish with more then one person. maybe i can commit to whole series but partner can not.
extra $40 hurts, especially when your trying to introduce some one new to the sport. (might even be a kid)
Is this the only series with declining numbers in ontario ?? no.. Canadian open only 27 boats this year.. less then 5 years ago around 70.
For years they have been trying to deal with "decreasing fields". all series are having this issue. Would the way pete thompson left it have more boats then it does today ?? no one knows. but there is lots of effort going on with those who fish it, not those who you are trying to attract.

banner ad
banner ad