Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:19 pm 
Walleye Angler

I like the few days prior to full moon if weather conditions are right. If it's just prior to a front moving in all the better. First few days after will produce similar results but again weather conditions are the variable.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:35 am 
Walleye

The little research I have been able to do tells me a "Weather Front" is our enemy...so makes sense just before, some of the best Walleye Fishing I experienced in the past it was sloppy, windy and overcast so I am tending to lean towards weather rather than the Moon Phase.
I was kinda hoping that Cow Theory would pan out Walleye9...you sure they were in full graze mode and not just sniffing each others excrement?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:13 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

I might be going out on a limb here, but believe it or not cattle eat when thère hungry and lie down when there tired! I have a few apps on my phone for moon phases and I reference it allot while salmon fishing and I do take allot bites in the minor and major bite times.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:51 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

My theory is ...
If you're going fishing and you're being paid that day you will catch more!
Cause it's that more relaxing !!!

I haven't had any real consistency with moon phases.
Agree it's more weather related/ season related

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:59 am 
Walleye Master

pickerel killer wrote:
I might be going out on a limb here, but believe it or not cattle eat when thère hungry and lie down when there tired! I have a few apps on my phone for moon phases and I reference it allot while salmon fishing and I do take allot bites in the minor and major bite times.

Grab a sense of humour man.... Do fish not eat when they are hungry and rest when they are tired?? I would imagine they eat and rest everyday at some point (just like the cattle) regardless of what the solunar calendar says.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:52 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Walleye 9 wrote:
pickerel killer wrote:

Grab a sense of humour man.... Do fish not eat when they are hungry and rest when they are tired?? I would imagine they eat and rest everyday at some point (just like the cattle) regardless of what the solunar calendar says.

No the fish only eat when the cows eat! :lol: Turn around and don't bother goin if the cows are laying down!
I personally believe it effects all species differently. Larger fish it effects more than smaller. First and last quarters of moon phases represents new growth and fish chew more.
We placed in a tournement a few years ago in whitby. It was a full moon, same time of year as now and the major bite time was around 12:30pm. We had blastoff at 6am and never moved a rod until the last half hour of the tourney. Quickly boated 3 fish if I'm not mistaken. Trannyman can attest to that!
There is generally a good afternoon bite and a short morning bite with Salmon during a full moon.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:05 am 
Walleye

When I was younger I worked as a Porter at Hotel Dieu Hospital in Kingston often getting the graveyard shift in the ER...we used to dread full moons! So to Pickerel Killer's point it certainly it effects certainly species differently!

Too bad we can't train fish to bite like HorseHunter has trained his Goldfish!

banner ad