banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:31 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:02 pm 
Walleye Angler

Wondering if anyone can tell me, are the salmon still in that area, and if so for how long typically? I'm just setting up my new boat now (after selling everything in the spring - bad decision), and would like to try and get out at least once if I can get a calm day for my 14 fter. Tks.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:59 pm 
Walleye Catcher

I know there are others on here that fish that area a lot, but we started to go dry about a month back out there. We picked up and started moving West.

Off Wicklow last Fri near the patch, we went 6 for 10 and a bunch of shakers, 8 to 15 lb's chinooks, 1 laker 12 lb and 2 rainbows. Lots of fish out there, and no boats in site. Prior Saturday, we went off Cobourg and nailed them as well down 40' to 80' in 300' . Wished i had better info on Wellington, but i have heard it was dry.

All fish on dipsy's and leadcore from 40' to 90' on spin doctors. if you head out to Wellington, drop by the fishing shop there at the dock, i think its called "reel thing fishing shop". They are really helpful and usually have info. They also have all the gear you would need.. $$$$

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:23 pm 
Walleye Master

there will be a few staggers from the pen imprinting project and the direct stocked kings in front of the Wellington pier head. Anywhere from 20 to 80 fow. Usually they run into West Lake around Thanksgiving weekend. Best times - 5 am to about 9 and then they shut down until late evening.

Best lures Lymans and J-plugs. Flashers with M. C. Rockets.

Browns will be around. 52 to 59 degree F water is your best bet. Best lures - Stingray spoons.

14' boat - be sure to watch the weather.

Al

Captain - Team ATOMMIK/Rockets

banner ad