It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:09 pm 
Walleye Master

https://youtu.be/w8X1llsWFSk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:38 pm 
Walleye Angler

great fishing but not much in the way of selective harvesting.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:36 pm 
Baitfish

I was not a fan of the video. I prefer the smaller one's 1.5lb to 3lb for eating ,we also only catch enough for a meal or two. I get catching the big guys for sport (catch and release) but catching them and keeping them to show off on shore for your 5 min of fame on the internet does nothing for me.
just my opinion

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:08 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Couldn't watch the whole video, chumps taking the best breeders... for what???
Brutal. IMO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:32 am 
Walleye Angler

I watched most of it,, I think the boys hadn't ate in a while and were starving lol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:14 am 
Walleye Master

I only got about half way through the video. I guess as long as they are within their limit not much can be said. The walleye population on Erie must be 100 times what it is on Lake O. I would have loved to see the looks on their face when they sat down to eat them and realized they taste like an old work boot!!! Was kinda funny when buddy burnt his hand on the heater too. (Walleye Karma)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:31 pm 
Guppy

Lake Erie is 6 a day and no slot size. Lots of guys smoke the larger ones or make soup from them. What a waste of breading stock.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:45 am 
Walleye Wisdom

I usually fish Erie a few times each summer and there are lots of big fish, some times harder to catch the smaller fish. We regularly keep 6-8+ pound fish to eat, they taste just fine.

If they are within their legal limits, than nothing officially wrong, but if they are having such an easy time catching fish they could let a few of the largest ones go and I am sure they would still end up with their limit. It would be nice to show the fish a bit more respect, if they are keeping them then cut them and let the fish bleed out instead of sticking it head first in a bucket and let it try and flip around until it dies.

JimW

Smiths Falls DCI Redhawks Fishing Team Coach

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:30 pm 
Walleye Catcher

I wouldn't keep those biggins for the table but if they are following the law I don't see a problem. I wish I could catch big ones that consistently, seems like they were doing very well! Is Erie really that hot of a bite? I've never seen action like that on Quinte. I'm happy if I get one good one (and let it go)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:07 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

The DL

I have only ice fished Erie for perch a time or two. But walleye fishing on Erie, at least trolling can be crazy hot bite. Lots of fisherman better than me and my best day for hot action a few summers back now was a 2 person 12 fish limit in just over 1 hour of fishing time, those fish averaged 5-6 pounds, with a few bigger ones. Though might typical day I am happy to not get skunked. lol

A few charter guys I know that run large boats trolling 10 to 12 rod spreads get 5, 6, 7 fish on at once, when the bite is really hot and the fish are tightly schooled.

TheDL wrote:
I wouldn't keep those biggins for the table but if they are following the law I don't see a problem. I wish I could catch big ones that consistently, seems like they were doing very well! Is Erie really that hot of a bite? I've never seen action like that on Quinte. I'm happy if I get one good one (and let it go)

Smiths Falls DCI Redhawks Fishing Team Coach

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:28 am 
Walleye

Great video nice to see guys enjoying and catching fish.

banner ad