Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Tracks for four wheeler!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:53 am 
Walleye

Hello Everyone,

I am looking at purchasing some tracks for my four wheeler. Does anyone have any feedback in regards to tracks on your bike. How hard are they to switch on off from tires to tracks, can I do this in my own garage, or do they need to go to a shop? How do they handle in the snow we get? I would be using this machine for ice fishing. And anything else I would need to know before I purchase.

Thanks
Shana

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:21 am 
Walleye

I have tatso 4s tracks on my grizzly 700. Easy to change as long as u know how to turn a wrench only takes an hour or 2. Will handle any condition slush powder mud. Highly suggest a bike with power steering. Highly recommend tracks they'll go where snowmobiles can't.

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:13 pm 
Walleye

Thanks!

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:58 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

There's lots of info on line. One article I read was about one of the larger manufactures (can't remember which one but it's on line) the complaint was that under certain snow conditions the tracks build up with snow to the point there was so much tension on the track the ATV would bog down. I'm wondering if slush would be a problem.

Years ago we were on an ATV ride and one of the machines had tracks. It was early spring and melting snow. We came up to a ice shelf caused by flowing water. We all made it over the shelf except the guy with tracks. The ice was maybe an inch higher than the nose of the track and there was no way it was going to climb it. The machine was in 4 wheel drive but the nose of the track wouldn't grip the ice enough to climb it and because it wasn't a wheel the rear track couldn't push it over.

We had to find another route so the track guy could stay with us.

From the short time I saw the tracks, I was really impressed with them. Saying that, they do have some limitations.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:23 pm 
Walleye

I have used them on a grizzly and a rhino. They both could go through a 2-3 ft of powder snow. Powersteering and large cc engine is a must.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:50 am 
Baitfish

I have tracks on my CanAm Commander I had the dealer install them, now I do the change over myself very easy
goes threw snow and slash no problem had a Argo with tracks before the Commander with tracks goes threw more
snow then the Argo you will use more gas with the tracks on you ATV, hope this helps

banner ad
banner ad