banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Report with New Hot Spot
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:22 pm 
Minnow

On Thursday my friend Danny caught two new nice pickerel at our new favorite secret hot spot in the first 10 minutes at the spot. #1 fish approx: 5-7 lbs #2 fish probably 7lbs to 8lbs.
This is what we did... first you need to be staying at the Picton Harbour Inn to find the spot. Head out from Picton Harbour Inn, head over to Adolphus Reach and consider
including Pryners cove, the bat cave, and keiths shoal and the light house in your pattern. If after 2-3 hours and you dont mark fish or much bait and go without a pickerel hit do what we did.
With only one nice 10 lb pike to show for our trip and darkness approaching we headed back to Picton Harbour Inn and parked the boat on the breakwall and sat outside in the balmy November weather talking with fellow fishermen while enjoying a snack and beverage.
Then Dan casts his line in playing around with a salt water spoon throwing toward a few swirls 20ft away, (think its a
Sebile Vibrato spoon) with this crazy eractic flutter when it descends.. anyway within 10 mins he brings in 2 very nice pickerel.
You can see the photo on this twitter link https://twitter.com/snookinpickerel/sta ... 0219991042.

Must say we enjoyed all of the new improvements at the Picton Harbour Inn with my favorites being the much stronger Wifi connection and trailer parking location.
PS Dan gave the fish away to someone at the Inn that said they had never tasted Pickerel before. Not my choice, but good Karma I assume !

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:57 am 
Walleye Fry

Back in the day people would be lined up at the docks in front of tip of the bay and casting till the wee hours . lots of eyes caught there. Hardly a new hot spot but worth mentioning for sure.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:21 pm 
Minnow

Yes not a hot spot, he was just throwing his line in killing time before we were going out for dinner, I was actually up in the room getting ready. Just funny that we put all the time in then 10 mins back on shore he landed 2 Pics.

banner ad
 Post subject: Report with New Hot Spot
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:28 pm 
Walleye Master

Lol that's too funny. Thank you for staying at the inn. We appreciate your business and are glad to hear you noticed the changes. We have a long way to go but are glad to hear the progress is noticeable. If you have the time we would love to see your story and review on TripAdvisor. Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to hosting you again. Maybe next time you can leave the boat at home and just cast from the sea wall. Lol.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

West Lake Willows offers 8 cottages and camping at the doorstep of the famous Sandbanks on West Lake.

www.bayofquintecharters.com, www.pictonharbourinn.com, www.westlakewillows.com

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:55 am 
Walleye

Thanks for the info, I know years ago that guys would catch lots fishing in tight in Picton harbor trolling in the dark through the night. You don't see that much anymore.
It was crazy trolling in the dark, you could run over people's line not knowing. Guys would turn their lights off because you couldn't see, everyone thought they were right because they were trolling strait as if others weren't :lol:
Casting out front was the norm. Getting older I think getting softer :roll: night time is for sleeping for seniors :D
Starting Wednesday is Senior days for maybe 3-4 days at Quinte for us. :mrgreen:

banner ad
banner ad