Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:55 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:45 am 
Walleye Angler

We fished 4 days first 2 nothing ...no fish very frustrating then 3rd day 2 walleye 1 sheeps head 1 cisco some jumbos also got some white perch very mixed bag
Then 4th day 4 guys 30 fish in BBQ fish were mostly small but 1 fish over 10 lbs 1 8lbs another 4 1/2 rest were all smaller eater size
Another's side note
1 guy got 15 LOL
1 guy got 7
1 guy got 5
1 guy got 3
Lures
Gold kastmaster....lindy flying lure in blue colour ...blue fox rattle spoon blue and pearl colour...Hopkins gold spoon
So I think this is what Grizz was looking for...has been up and down week so far ....hope everybody gets out and gets some fish ....but let the big ones go LOL
5th Day not sure what it will bring we will see
Red

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:50 am 
Walleye Angler

Well my son n I have been out 6 times in the last week with not one to show. Yet a couple of his buddies have been doin pretty good, no pigs but at least there catching.. Fishing in the same area at that lol I can c how some guys would get pissed reading how someone says they never get skunked every time out.. idk just gotta keep at it b safe n good luck

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:53 am 
Walleye Angler

I get skunked all the time, but I sure don't let that stop me. I figure any day that I can make it down to the Bay, set up my hut, drill a few holes, maybe watch fish on the camera, sit and ponder the mysteries of the universe away from the clutter, away from the office, is a good day all in all. I'm grateful for those days as I know not everyone can afford to have them. If I catch something, great, if I don't, it was great exercise and always great to get out. It's always hit and miss out there and the difference several feet can make during the hardwater season is like night and day. That said, hoping to get out this weekend if the crappy weather from the last few days hasn't messed it up, but next weekend for sure as my father will be out with me.

Stay safe out there, and best of luck to all.

"I would never lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:20 pm 
Walleye

My brother and i fished last Sunday 7am til 5pm.The place we fished is a well posted area on this site.We iced 8 fish between the 2 of us.Ranging from apprx.1 1/2 to 6 pounds .Hottest set up Buckshot Green glow 2nd good set up Macho minnow both tipped with a single minnow.By 3 oclock my brother had me 4 fish to 1.His hottest bite time was 1.30 ish.At 4 oclock my bite was on i had downsized my buckshot to a chrome n blue i picked up 3 nice eaters.My bro was lifting say a foot back down then wiggling his jig not aggressive at all.My late bite...i was pounding my rattles lifting a foot back down and repeating.We fished 18 fow and never moved.Yes like everyone else we marked perch too.We both lost at least 2 fish seen at the hole.We just jigged threw them.We fished the Saturday before about a half mile from Sundays spot we brought home 5.My bro was also out once alone same general area brought home 4.We have other areas we would have fished but we chose to fish this area because of good ice 7inches .Hope this post is helpful.
Ps. theres nothin better than Quinte trips with my bro :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:46 pm 
Perch

those last 2 posts are the reason why I come here. you guys enjoy helping out the other guy and don't mind sharing information. unfortunately not everyone on here is like that. too bad. I have been fishing BOQ for a few years both winter and summer and there are times where I also come home empty handed. But.. like swiftdeer, it isn't always about the catchin. ha ha I love setting up the hut and setting there watching the flasher and enjoying the quiet. sure beats a day at work! ha ha

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:19 pm 
Walleye Master

fordtech wrote:
those last 2 posts are the reason why I come here. you guys enjoy helping out the other guy and don't mind sharing information. unfortunately not everyone on here is like that. too bad. I have been fishing BOQ for a few years both winter and summer and there are times where I also come home empty handed. But.. like swiftdeer, it isn't always about the catchin. ha ha I love setting up the hut and setting there watching the flasher and enjoying the quiet. sure beats a day at work! ha ha

Yes I agree they are good posts and quite a few other posts are good also ..... I am also with you in thinking we should all think about fishing and why we do it lol and I'm sure it isn't cause we are starving and need food to survive lol but we do however do it for the nature, peace, tranquility of it all.

Help others and they will help you.... I predict some pretty kick azz fishing in the near future.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:11 pm 
Walleye Angler

fished huffs this morning, not alot of ice, walked towards red can and got nothing ice ranged from 2-3.5" so becarful, probly 30 guys out fishing didnt see one fish iced, also dont forget parking at the launch, i got a ticket today worth 35$ so make sure you dont park where your not suppose to, good luck and be safe.

Cody

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:51 pm 
Guppy

Fished huffs this afternoon until dark. 26fow seen a few perch about 5 ft down, marked nothing bigger. No one i spoke to caught anything other than a couple perch. Agree with cody, above not much ice. Not sure i woul be out there next week if the temps warm up

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:12 pm 
Walleye Fingerling

Fished Huffs all day. 5 guys moving around and as much as 1/2 mile south. Nada. Ice was thin. Nothing but perch. One guy we saw had two eaters. Talked to people who fished Hay Bay early. Nothing there either. WTF? Anyone catching?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:17 pm 
Walleye Fingerling

We managed 5 eyes this morning all small an 1 this evening and lost a good size fish off hay bay. Back at it in the morning

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:36 pm 
Perch

Nice catch!

banner ad