Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:58 pm 
Guppy

Hey everyone!! Hope everyone is enjoying 2017! I just had a couple of words that I wanted to post. Myself and 5 others are traveling from New York and I'm driving from Virginia to come fish the infamous! I was up there about a month ago and had a slamming time with some decent ice out there. As I hawk eye the weather reports, it is really not looking good for us to be on safe ice by Jan 28th. I'm still skeptical but my fishing partners are very weary about the quinte ice holding up. I just wanted to ask if anyone knows of good lakes north of the quinte that would have good ice and good fishing? I know it's a stretch but we're still making the drive up there and going to have a killer time just wanted to see if there was any good spots up to an hour north of the quinte as a back up plan or the main plan! Appreciate it everyone be safe and tight lines!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:02 pm 
Walleye Master

many good lakes but the trouble you could run into is not a lack of ice its actually getting there or around on some lakes when it comes to snow. you can start checking maps and then research them . look for lake stocking info I gotta tell you there is a million lakes but most don't like to give out info on back lakes so they don't get mobbed by fishermen. I know that's not much help but its a start and info is out there . good luck

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:08 pm 
Guppy

Very true and thank you for the info! We're really trying for quinte but if the ice isn't safe we need a back up plan. Thank you again for your response!

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:20 pm 
Walleye Master

Try this website.

https://www.gisapplication.lrc.gov.on.c ... cale=en-US

I would imagine Stoco and Moira would be safe at that time. Check with Stacey or Dave at Pro-Tackle on conditions of those 2 lakes. They may have a better idea than most.

Hope this helps,
Al

Captain - Team ATOMMIK/Rockets

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:38 pm 
Walleye

There's White Lake has walleye & jumbo perch & Pike. There's a guy that guides & rents day shacks & overnights Google Adamsoutfitting white lake there's also guides through out the area that could hook into some over night shacks on other back lakes for Lake trout or splake.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:39 am 
Walleye Angler

Sorry, I don't subscribe to the doom and gloom about the ice melting away in next five days...

http://www.accuweather.com/en/ca/bellev ... 9552?day=1

High current areas or places where there's runoff, yes but the locked in places where there's 9-10 inches aren't going anywhere for a while....

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:09 am 
Walleye

Research .Lake Nipising and Callander Bay start with Sunset Cove Lodge they are part of 4 lodges on the lake.They offer Lodging and or just huts minnows ride out etc..Bay of Quinte has been mild for 2 days yet its still -2 at Nipising...Best ice i know of on Quinte now is Big Bay off Wagers.

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:55 pm 
Goby

Stocco currently is averaging 11-12" of ice with 8" being black. There is a large pressure crack that is not allowing travel full length of the lake. Safe trip and tight lines

Venture09

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:03 pm 
Walleye Angler

Stoco also has the motel right off the park,,,,stayed there just before Christmas ,,,,,,only rooms booked,rest was empty,,,,bout $85.....if ice and roads are good you could always drive to Moira lake as well.

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:53 am 
Guppy

I really appreciate everyone's response! It is really appreciated!! Tips down!

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:47 pm 
Minnow

Hey littledog,
Do you remember the name of the place you stayed at by Stoco lake? Do you have access to the lake via atv from there, or do you know of any cottages along the lake that's open for ice fishing? We've never been there but seeing how the weathers been around Quinte wouldn't mind trying it! Did you do any good there? Thanks in advance!

Doug

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:02 pm 
Walleye Angler

Dougo....................I was there for a funeral, but I have fished it numerous times through the years since I was a kid, as both my parents were from Tweed. The ice during the week before Christmas was sketchy, but there were a few pop ups out, fairly close to shore. Its right there on the park ,downtown, near the beach. Can't speak for current ice conditions with the recent weather. ATV access , if safe to do so, is quite possible from the motel, if not, the old MNR , float plane dock is right there as well(STONES THROW AWAY FROM THE MOTEL) and people do access the ice there as well.Theres panfish,including crappie,as well as some walleye(but it's not the Bay of Quinte, in numbers or size :lol: )
Sure the owners of the motel would be more than happy to answer any of your inquiries and here is the link to them.http://parkplacemotel.com/

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:57 pm 
Minnow

Thanks littledog,
They had a crappie tourney today and from what I gather they had about 12" of ice. I was really surprised about that! I know it's not quinte for sure but might make a trip there since I know the is pretty good and you can move around some. Don't know the results of the tourney yet.

Thanks again
Doug

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:13 am 
Walleye

Jigbilies218 by the time this weekend rolls around the temps will drop again. There is ice out there. Big Bay shoal, Potters and Trenton have about 6 to 10 inches of ice. Call Stacey at Pro tackle 613-968-4111. I am sure they will have the latest info.

Regards

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:20 pm 
Guppy

Thanks everyone! We'll be there this weekend!

banner ad
banner ad