Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:07 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:41 pm 
Goby

JoePa wrote:
Maybe the other fishermen saw that you were ok and didn't bother to come over to where the ice was thin - helping someone in trouble isn't always a cut and dry matter - a person needs to determine if they are putting themselves in danger and possibly losing their life because someone else was careless - if someone goes through the ice and there is no safe way of helping calling 911 is a good option I think - if your on the ice wear a float suit -

Agree.. People are not going to risk their life because of someone's Stupidity.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:25 pm 
Walleye Master

Remington441 wrote:
JoePa wrote:
Maybe the other fishermen saw that you were ok and didn't bother to come over to where the ice was thin - helping someone in trouble isn't always a cut and dry matter - a person needs to determine if they are putting themselves in danger and possibly losing their life because someone else was careless - if someone goes through the ice and there is no safe way of helping calling 911 is a good option I think - if your on the ice wear a float suit -

Wow hope you never need help

https://kingstonsportfishing.ca/

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:22 pm 
Walleye Angler

I have in the past helped someone that went through the ice with a ATV near the church years back ...never thought much about it at the time instincts just kicked in and you help I guess ....was not till after it all ended that I really got thinking about the incident.... and reality kicked in and you start thinking about what could have happened.... but i would do it again ...and would hope someone would like help me out if needed
As I have said before if someone drives around and doesn't go through... then the ice was safe... but if they go through then some would say they are an idiot ...everybody has to make they own choice as to what's safe or not .... i think the ice is borderline this year there are spots that are good and there are spots close by that are not .... and my ATV will stay off the BOQ for now ... that's my opinion
I hate pulling a hut like everybody else but would hate going through the ice more and with this snow will make it worse

Red

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:27 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Remington441 wrote:
JoePa wrote:

Wow 1st time poster calling someone stupid.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:54 pm 
Goby

wayne wrote:
Remington441 wrote:
JoePa wrote:

Wow 1st time poster calling someone stupid.

It doesn't take very many posts to realize someone's not very bright in taking an ATV out with these conditions... How about the nerve to bitch about people not coming over, but yet he was selfish enough to not give a report to where it went thru.. What if someone walked over where the ATV went in?

Or do I need a certain amount of posts to state that?

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:23 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

There are people who will try and help someone in need. They don't judge the person who needs help, and they don't qualify why they shouldn't help.

They don't hesitate to help and most are fully aware of any risks. Sometimes, it's simply helping someone out of a jam.

Sometimes, it may save a life.

These people are at least, good samaritans. Some, even heroes.

Some people will be neither.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:32 pm 
Walleye Master

Roblin wrote:
There are people who will try and help someone in need. They don't judge the person who needs help, and they don't qualify why they shouldn't help.

They don't hesitate to help and most are fully aware of any risks. Sometimes, it's simply helping someone out of a jam.

Sometimes, it may save a life.

These people are at least, good samaritans. Some, even heroes.

Some people will be neither.

Well said

https://kingstonsportfishing.ca/

banner ad