Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:58 am 
Walleye Angler

http://www.northumberlandnews.com/news- ... hing-pass/

Last edited by littledog on Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:45 pm 
Walleye Angler

I don't think this would help resolve anything! It all boils down to enforcement. Asking people to pay 40 bucks to fish at night is not right. I bought my licence and can fish anywhere any time as long as I fish with in the regs. If people want to snag and fish illegally in the first place do you realt think they are going to pay for it? Probably haven't paid for a licence in the first place in a lot of cases so why would they pay you 40 bucks? Just do like they did last year and eventually the word gets out and the poachers will go elsewhere.

Gord

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:46 pm 
Walleye Angler

you are not paying $40 to fish at night 2 different proposal
1,no fishing from 8 pm to 6am in upper section (down town)
2 creating a licence to fish port hope/ganaraska $40 for the year
I support the new fishing licence because the idea is in order to obtain the new license you have to provide a valid regular license and outdoor card to get one!!!!
this is also not new, Georgian bay area has had this program running for 10 plus years
if a bill of 40 bucks improves the overall fishing experience for people and less crowded etc
sign me up!!!!
btw to be completely clear MNR is NOT in support with port hope on the NEW fishing licence
however do not be surprised to see upper section closed from aug15 to sept 30 this year 2017 from 8 pm to 6 am
cheerz

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:29 pm 
Walleye Angler

Enough rules and regs already.
Unfortunately politicians think they need a law in their name to prove they are worthy of their possition.
Enforcement, with sever punishment, and education are key. Not sexy or valuable for re-election but it is what works.

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:54 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Extra licences and the accompanying fees won't improve the situation without enforcement.
Bad people do bad deeds, even with a licence.
The only deterrent is a very high likelihood of being caught.
That's true of any law.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:06 am 
Perch

I hope something can be done. I drive down usually around d 3 am in September every weekend to fish in the lower section throwing g lures and you should see the disister of people in yin he's of water snagging away under the cover of darkness. It's a real shame.
Robbie

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:31 pm 
Walleye Angler

It's already illegal to fish everywhere anytime but if you have purchased a waiver from prosecution from the crown (license) you should not have to purchase another from a municipality.

If I'm not mistaken if you go to court you will be prosecuted by a representative of the crown, the same crown that issued you a waiver from prosecution as long as you follow mnr. regs. So if its not in the MNR regs ?

Any lawyers out there.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:11 am 
Walleye Master

polliwogg wrote:
It's already illegal to fish everywhere anytime but if you have purchased a waiver from prosecution from the crown (license) you should not have to purchase another from a municipality.

If I'm not mistaken if you go to court you will be prosecuted by a representative of the crown, the same crown that issued you a waiver from prosecution as long as you follow mnr. regs. So if its not in the MNR regs ?

Any lawyers out there.

you are right and a reason the MNR is not in favor but saying that I cant say I am surprised. keep in mind Ontario tax dollars goes into this fishery.... what right does a small town that has a river or stream running thru it think they can take on a roll of law making and over rule the government ,... this crap just cant happen if allowed it will bring on an onslaught of private government ..// and where will it end ??............. new laws are not needed they just need to enforce the laws that are already in place .

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:55 am 
Walleye Angler

Lets rethink this idea ...how about a county non resident drivers license? The county will hire some students to sell drivers licenses at each entrance to the county and paint a big X on the drivers door so we can confirm compliance.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:42 pm 
Walleye Angler

I think the only way they could implement something along these lines would be a pass for parking, or perhaps access through municipal owned property. What one would have to do is to check whether or not the bed of the river is privately owned (by the municipality) or whether or not it is Crown bed. If indeed it was crown bed, then I do believe that this pass system they are proposing would not be legal- just means that everyone would have to access from the lake, or crown areas- though I have no idea if there are any of these around there. If the bed of the river is indeed Crown, everyone would have access to it, just depends on whether or not you could get to it.

"I would never lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation"

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:16 pm 
Perch

Ontario tax dollars go to this fishery????? Guess again. They do nothing for the fishery. No salmon or steelhead has been stocked in that river since I do believe late 90s or 2000s. I just wish the river wouldn't be such a dump that's all. Too bad the town or the mnr don't want to pay to enforce the rules.
Robbie

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:57 pm 
Walleye Angler

Parking charge and enforcing a few litter, damage charges seem like the only item I could see where it could be realistic to on.

Anything relating to fishing could create a very very slippery slope. Parts of Canada like the west coast sees people nickle and dimed to the extreme with special extra fishery charges.

Anything relating to enforcement is an MNR problem, with one maybe wanting to question how personnel are deployed and budgeted for out of license dollars.

This was a disturbing item to read regarding the Ganaraska.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:09 am 
Walleye Angler

http://www.northumberlandtoday.com/2017 ... -taxpayers

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:29 am 
Walleye Wisdom

I see both sides, yes it sucks and we already pay, but the town has to pay so much to have officers enforce it and don't see a dime from the fines they lay.
It will make cobourg creek a zoo this fall. I'm glad I have a private stretch to fish on shelter valley.

banner ad