Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:56 pm 
Goby

I have been fishing in the walleye world for many years now with a couple friends from shore with not much success.

Last year we arrived in time for the season opener fishing from the shorelines behind the fresh co in trenton. We never had a bite almost as if the fish had left from the river.

Has any one on here had success anywhere in the trenton area from shore in the last few years?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:03 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Quinteshoreliner wrote:
I have been fishing in the walleye world for many years now with a couple friends from shore with not much success.

Last year we arrived in time for the season opener fishing from the shorelines behind the fresh co in trenton. We never had a bite almost as if the fish had left from the river.

Has any one on here had success anywhere in the trenton area from shore in the last few years?

Years ago the best walleye fishing I've ever had on opener was from shore in Belleville, it was a late spawn and high water still and what a great time.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:44 am 
Walleye Angler

I've had some success in Trenton from shore during this time, at Various spots on the way up to the dam, behind Fresco included, and the west side as well. I cant speak for the opener at the mouth, on the west side these days, as I've only tried spots further up....but I've caught the odd walleye there in past years, and a huge muskie just two years ago in the early fall.(directly across the river from Freshco)Tried Belleville last year for opener and had no luck, nor did I see any one catch much from shore. Varies year to year ,some recent years have been extremely unproductive. For the "derby" you are allowed to fish in Trenton up to the dam....Belleville its the CPR bridge, so therefore Trenton would be a longer stretch "of river" in which to find shore spots on both sides, from which to fish. (both rivers "can" have crowds, its opening weekend) Some years I've done okay, but last year, and some other years I've not done very well.....just seems the migrating fish, or at least a lot of them, have come and gone?......I don't fish in the derby.....but I like to get out for the opener.....then the following weekend our two, I have put my kick boat in at the park ramp in Trenton (once the crowds have slowed and it's a "little" warmer and a "little" safer for me to do so , and I have had some success, once again each year can be different. Some years I've found a big fish or two, sometime just smaller resident males, some years not much at all!
The fall in Tenton from shore can also be productive, and Miers pier in Belleville at night as well, but once again it seems very very slow in "some" recent years.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:45 pm 
Walleye Angler

i would fish from shore on the east side south of the wake board park (old marina) and cast towards the red buoy. I have caught walleye drifting through there in the boat just after opener. It gets deep close to shore there.

banner ad