banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:09 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 5:41 pm 
Walleye

I was out yesterday from about 9:00-2:00 in Trenton Bay, sticking close to my slip. 3 of us were either casting crankbaits, drifting worm harnesses or doing a bit of drift jigging with artificials. All we managed was 1 accidental large mouth.

I went out today from about 10:30-1:30, this time with my wife, and jigging with minnows. Within 10 minutes, my wife had a 9+ lber in the boat.... Between 26 and 27 inches. I was fishing at the bow when she casually said "I got one". So I debated whether or not I should grab the net. Thankfully I decided to play it safe and head toward her side with the net when I saw that beauty about 4 feet from the boat. She was still super calm while I excitedly yelled "holy ***!". I was (am) extremely happy for her...and proud!

That was our only walleye of the day. We also had another large mouth and 1 small perch.

Check out the photo!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by DarrenEm on Sun May 14, 2017 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:52 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Why wasn't the poor woman allowed to hold her fish????

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:02 am 
Walleye

Roblin wrote:
Why wasn't the poor woman allowed to hold her fish????

Trust me, I tried! She likes to fish, but doesn't like to bait hooks, or touch fish haha. I'll take what I can get though... Having her ask ME to go fishing is music to my ears.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:20 pm 
Guppy

Sometimes Girls Rule...nice catch!!

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:44 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Cheeka-D wrote:

Hi Darren:

Congrats on a terrific start to your Quinte angling experience!

Nice to see some real life benefits from all the work you've put into this venture, starting from the decision on what boat to buy.

We're very happy for you.

Wordpecker

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:20 am 
Walleye

Wordpecker wrote:
Cheeka-D wrote:

Hi Darren:

Congrats on a terrific start to your Quinte angling experience!

Nice to see some real life benefits from all the work you've put into this venture, starting from the decision on what boat to buy.

We're very happy for you.

Wordpecker

Thanks a lot! I've received some good advice and a lot of help from this forum. This has been my first year of ice and open water fishing since I was a kid, fishing with my dad. I'm really happy how everything is turning out. But how am I going to beat that walleye???

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:38 pm 
Walleye

Fantastic story and great fish. Love reading tales like this. You asked how you are going to top your wife's fish? Well I will tell you, and no offence intended. You will top it by catching a true 9lb eye. And you will, you are in the right place for sure. That fish is a solid 4 possibly 5lb.

Well done sir.

teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Show him a fishing show, bore him to death...

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:03 pm 
Walleye

redmandant wrote:
Fantastic story and great fish. Love reading tales like this. You asked how you are going to top your wife's fish? Well I will tell you, and no offence intended. You will top it by catching a true 9lb eye. And you will, you are in the right place for sure. That fish is a solid 4 possibly 5lb.

Well done sir.

None taken. I'm too new to be offended about anything! haha. I measured the fish then weighed it right away, and it weighed in at 9lb 6 oz. Perhaps the scale is off a little bit? I caught a 3.5ish lber, 22-23 inch through the ice this winter and I can say for certain that this fish was at least double the weight. The photo doesn't quite do it justice admittedly.

I'm glad you enjoyed the story. I enjoy reading similar as well!

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:12 am 
Walleye

congratulations :D :D