Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: fishing report Big Bay
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:37 pm 
Baitfish

Went out yesterday and today to Big Bay, we fished around the red can off of Trident point. Limited out in 2hrs both days. The fish were between 1.75 lbs and 2.5lbs nice eaters. We were using bottom bouncers and gold worm harnesses. Launched out of Bay Crest Marina on Big Island ,water is high but ramp is still ok to launch from. So far the walleye gods are smiling on us.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:23 am 
Walleye

rob67 wrote:
Went out yesterday and today to Big Bay, we fished around the red can off of Trident point. Limited out in 2hrs both days. The fish were between 1.75 lbs and 2.5lbs nice eaters. We were using bottom bouncers and gold worm harnesses. Launched out of Bay Crest Marina on Big Island ,water is high but ramp is still ok to launch from. So far the walleye gods are smiling on us.

Thanks for the report. Just wondering what time of day you fished? Are the fish active enough to hit some crank baits or is live bait pretty much the ticket?

I'm going to have to give Big Bay a shot soon!

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:21 am 
Baitfish

Morning seems to be best, we have been heading out between 9:00 and 10:00 am , its seems best in the morning we have not caught anything in the afternoon. I have not seen anybody catching anything on crank baits . I launch from Bay Crest lodge on Big Island and all the guests are catching fish on bottom bouncers and gold worn harnesses. Worms seem to be the ticket over there. My trolling speed has been between .7-.9 mph. All of our fish has been caught south of the red can in 21 ft of water. overall average size I have seen at the lodge has been around 2lbs. If you want more info I can meet you in Trenton and show you my charts of where we fish in Big Bay

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:48 pm 
Walleye

rob67 wrote:
Morning seems to be best, we have been heading out between 9:00 and 10:00 am , its seems best in the morning we have not caught anything in the afternoon. I have not seen anybody catching anything on crank baits . I launch from Bay Crest lodge on Big Island and all the guests are catching fish on bottom bouncers and gold worn harnesses. Worms seem to be the ticket over there. My trolling speed has been between .7-.9 mph. All of our fish has been caught south of the red can in 21 ft of water. overall average size I have seen at the lodge has been around 2lbs. If you want more info I can meet you in Trenton and show you my charts of where we fish in Big Bay

I would very much appreciate that. That sounds fantastic. I will send a PM...