Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Boat Top Suggestions
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 4:42 pm 
Walleye

I've heard the jokes about boats and $, "BOAT = Bring Out Another Thousand" and "A boat is a hole in the water to throw your money in". etc. I now can 100% confirm lol.

So, I finally got the trolling motor installed, after several trips for tools and hardware and a couple of screw drivers lost in the water...Now my cover doesn't fit properly. I'm thinking of just getting a top made, and looking for suggestions and ball park prices.

I'd love a bimini for sun shade but also need protection from the rain at the dock.

Boat is a 17 foot Fish and Ski (Lowe FS 1610).

Post subject: Re: Boat Top Suggestions
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 7:43 pm 
Walleye Angler

Break out 2000 and be prepared to wait

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 8:48 pm 
Site Admin

Take the boat with the cover over to http://www.quintemarine.com He should be able to add extra material to fit over your trolling motor.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 6:24 am 
Walleye

Dave at Quinte Canvas will look right after you, www.topshop.on.ca, He actually just made me a top for my 18ft Starcraft, but I just wanted the top and side curtains for fishing on rain days I didn't want it to go all the way to the back or cover the bow and I paid $1400 plus tax, So like horsehunter said $2000 would likely be what it would cost if you want it for over the bow and to enclose the back in as well. Anyways I'm very happy with the work Quinte Canvas did for me, top quality materials used, excellent fit and finish, and Dave it a nice guy. I don't know how long the wait would be.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 10:13 am 
Walleye Fry

I have a brand new top for a 18.5 ft boat if the width is the same and you have a dual console it will fit if not call Steve burk at Canadian canvas works 613-848-9444 tell him James referred you

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:52 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

She's located on Hwy#2 in Colborne, name is Karey and dout she's that expensive. Might be enough info there but I'll find her number and pm it your way.

Ass Monkey

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:56 pm 
Walleye

Thanks guys.

JBAR I've been making my cover work for now but want to jump straight to a top rather than a better fitting cover... Thanks though!

I was out in the rain today and after a few hours, my ears were insisting I get a tarp... They feel frost bitten lol

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:03 pm 
Walleye Catcher

[quote="DarrenEm"]I've heard the jokes about boats and $, "BOAT = Bring Out Another Thousand" and "A boat is a hole in the water to throw your money in". etc. I now can 100% confirm lol.

So, I finally got the trolling motor installed, after several trips for tools and hardware and a couple of screw drivers lost in the water...

Hi again, Darren:

The last comment above brought something to mind.

Assuming you were working at your slip when the stuff got lost in the water, there's a neat little gadget that will retrieve anything metallic from the bottom. It's a fairly powerful magnet about the size of a case for eyeglasses. Usually they come with an eye attached, then you just add enough string or heavy fishing line to the magnet to reach bottom in about 10 to 20 feet of water.

Then you go 'fishing' again, pulling the magnet gently along the bottom to avoid stirring up mud etc. That will get your screwdrivers back.

Can't remember where we got ours, but the catalogues have them, places like Cajun Tire too.

Rgds, Wordpecker.

banner ad
banner ad