Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:18 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:54 pm 
Minnow

As a bit of a lurker here I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the great information (and good humour). I recently purchased a place in the area but haven't had much time to fish (always something to be fixed - this week it was bats... sigh). Anyhow, I did manage to get out this weekend for a few hours and managed to finally break my kayak walleye skunk on the bay. Tried a bunch of things Saturday with nothing much to show for it but switched to a tail dancer 7 and trolled around where I was marking fish and it didn't take to long to get into a few including one eater before I had to get off the water (more errands). This morning I snuck back out and managed this pair of twin 18"ers on the same pattern in less than an hour. Here they are in my impromptu live well/front of kayak (forgot the stringer on the table of course).

So again - thank you to everyone on this board. I look forward to contributing more as I slowly figure out my local area (big island area) - if you see a tan paddle yak with an orange flag around come on by and say hi.

Sean

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:43 am 
Walleye

Hey tbayboy, good at it! I live on the mainland not far from you and have an 16 foot alumacraft. If u would like to venture out a bit I fish this area usually alone and welcome the company. Although bass are my passion , a day or two of walleye fishing is a change.

banner ad