Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:18 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:45 pm 
Guppy

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and have been searching to fish walleye near the shore as I don't have access to a boat. I mainly fish the kawarthas and is hard to find the eyes on shore. I was wondering how the mouth of the trent river and the parks in belleville are working for eyes this time of the year? I was thinking of driving out this weekend to try my luck on some shore spots I looked up online.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:59 pm 
Walleye Angler

Welcome to the board Designfisher..................Sort of hit and miss from shore, fairly good fishing in general this year, so you might catch a few......night time behind Freshco in Trenton can be decent sometimes, mainly small fish this time of year.....caught a huge Muskie right across from there, and there is Bass, Drum ect as well....Myers Peir in Belleville can also be decent sometimes(JUST AVOID THE MARINA,AND THE BOATS)...You can also walk out on the Breakwall and find decent Walleye fishing sometimes...more often at night, but you never know...Hastings...and Cambellford also have various shore spots...and current...which can sometimes also result in decent Walleye fishing.....under the Bay Bridge in Belleville, and various spots on both the Trent and Moira Rivers can also produce various species....hope this helps....good luck!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:52 pm 
Guppy

Where is the breakwall you are refering to? How is early morning? I am just looking to target walleye if possible, anything else would be extra.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:02 am 
Walleye Angler

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view ... ajaxhist=0

slightly east of the restaurant on Meyers pier.....1 minute walk.....its the right side of the attached photo lots of parking usually free,once again,cast outwards,,,,away from the marina,and the boats.If you find that area and the river itself a little shallow this time of year....the gap under the Bay bridge is a very short drive west.lots of parking,usually,also free....then start walking towards the middle of the bridge(under neath)you will see the gap
https://www.bing.com/images/search?view ... =0&first=1

as for early morning,certainly worth a shot....Id try both spots...a boat gives you the mobility to move around,so with shore fishing....I try to not get stuck in one spot,especially if its not working out.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:31 am 
Guppy

I see, I will give it a shot this weekend if the locks in Peterborough don't produce. Thanks for your help. Are there any spots in campbellford you recommend?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:24 am 
Walleye

Designfisher wrote:
I see, I will give it a shot this weekend if the locks in Peterborough don't produce. Thanks for your help. Are there any spots in campbellford you recommend?

At any of the locks in the area or spillways of the damns ( use caution near fast flowing water and always keep in mind that the damns can open at anytime ) . The bridge in Hastings is good as well as the Trent river bridge ( Hastings you need a net on a rope )

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:21 pm 
Guppy

FishinScuba wrote:
Designfisher wrote:

At any of the locks in the area or spillways of the damns ( use caution near fast flowing water and always keep in mind that the damns can open at anytime ) . The bridge in Hastings is good as well as the Trent river bridge ( Hastings you need a net on a rope )

Which trent river bridge are you referring to ? There seems to be many bridges along the trent river. I know of hastings but didn't end up going into Trenton/belleville,hastings or cambellford yesterday as I was able to catch 2 walleye along the otanonabee river and just ended up calling it a day.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:36 am 
Walleye

Designfisher wrote:
FishinScuba wrote:
Designfisher wrote:

Which trent river bridge are you referring to ? There seems to be many bridges along the trent river. I know of hastings but didn't end up going into Trenton/belleville,hastings or cambellford yesterday as I was able to catch 2 walleye along the otanonabee river and just ended up calling it a day.

The Trent river bridge is on highway 30 north it passes through the hamlet of Trent river. You cannot fish off the bridge itself but underneath it on the south side there is a core wall and boat launch

banner ad