Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:44 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:27 pm 
Walleye Angler

I recently purchased a brand new Lund 208 Tyee GL and upgraded from my 14' Lund. For those who know me, I've had that 14' just about everywhere. I've unfortunately outgrown it though. I want to fish the bigger water and the 14' just wasn't cutting it. I've had my eye on the 208 Tyee GL for quite some time now. I really like the layout of it and how it converts from a bowrider to a casting deck in seconds. There is a ton of storage and room for lots of people. The coolest part is you can strap a 300hp outboard to the back of it! I put a 112lb thrust Minn Kota Terrova on the bow with iPilot and a 15hp pro kicker on the stern. Used in conjunction with eachother, steer from the bow on autopilot, and push from the back, trolling is a breeze and the boat control is incredible. There are 5' long Lund tracks on either side of the boat. I purchased 5' Cisco tracks and mounts and installed them on the tracks. No drilling into the new boat! There's enough room on each side for a rod tree, 5 scotty rod holders and a downrigger. I went with the new fish hawk X4D and Helix 12 G2N Mega and 9 for electronics. The Helix 9 can be moved to the bow for bass fishing or to the stern for trolling. I purchased the boat at Bay Marine and they have been super helpful and supportive. I can't thank Lund, Bay Marine and Scotty Fishing Products enough for making this all come together for me. It's truly a dream come true! There's nothing more I want to be able to do is share these moments on the water with friends and family. Getting kids out there catching fish put the icing on the cake for me! I can't get enough of it! Thanks for viewing my post! Hope to see everyone out there this season. Good luck, stay safe and enjoy!

Picking up my new rig!

After the boat was fully rigged with all the rod holders, trees and downriggers.

How she sits in the water.

Inside view from the bow. I also have the cushions for the bow to convert it to a bowrider and 2 additional seats.

Father and son tag teamed this salmon. This little dude reeled the whole time while dad helped hold the weight of the rod!

Jr. Streamside Pro Staff Spencer with his first rainbow trout.

Cisco track mounted on the Lund track with zero holes drilled in the boat!

Super thankful for the package Scotty Fishing Products sent me so I could deck out the new rig!

Firetiger #1 Dipsy with a green coyote flasher and atomic fly fools this salmon.

Lake Erie walleye this past weekend. 6 colours of Sufix Advanced Leadcore and a worm harness over 50' of water proved deadly!

This one bit on a green coyote flasher and Luhr Jensen flash fly twinky rig on a downrigger.

Rockin' the Bay Marine truck down to Lake Erie for the weekend.

Melissa showing me up as usual :lol:

That Toronto Landscape!

Can't forget about the Scotty baitboard. I always get asked what it is. It works great for cutting bait and keeping tools and spoons organized and not stuck in your carpet.

Last edited by FishinMagician on Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:03 pm 
Perch

sweet boat...enjoy.....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:48 am 
Walleye Master

Congrats Rob ! Great rig you have there. Enjoy !

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:00 am 
Walleye Angler

now that is a UPGRADE, congratulations set up is impeccable
see you in port hope next month if the boat ramp ever opens

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:46 pm 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

What an upgrade from a 14 footer!!!!!! Looks great

David aka Superdad

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:50 pm 
Walleye

Rob...congrats, NICE RIDE! I too upgraded my 16ft Lund Rebel to a Custom 18.75 Crossover through Bay Marine. 3rd Lund super happy...the 208 Tyee GL was my wish list boat but quickly dashed by the Manager of Finance/War Department!

Enjoy your pics...you enjoy the new rig!

Steve
WalleyeWon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:40 pm 
Goby

Wow! Awesome boat! Nice Erie eyes.