Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:42 am 
Walleye

So far I havnt had a great year for walleyes. I usually fish in Hay Bay around Sherman's point. So far this year every time I get out in lucky if I get 1 walleye. Best day so far has been 3 between my girlfriend and I. I usually fish between 10-20 feet of water around weedbeds and I cast and retrieve of meps(#3 Orange and green). This always worked for me past year's fishing with my old man most times getting our limit. But this year it hasn't been working out for me. I'm pretty new to fishing for walleye so not really sure of what I can to do differently. I havnt even been getting any perch lately :(

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:28 pm 
Perch

trolling always seems to work for me

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:34 pm 
Walleye

I haven't had a whole lot of luck either. Last one I pulled up was mid August I'd say, and they were hitting pretty good for a few weeks there mid-summer. Largest was 18" :\

Still getting to know the water there after my uncle recently bought a couple properties on the south side, and most time spent in the east end fishing the weed lines out from White island(7 or 8 feet). Down there, pike and some very nice LM bass can be caught all day.. Just spent the last few weeks testing Ram island and all the way to the church launch a couple times. Basically had no luck out there in the deep, a pretty big 4.8lb pike and some sheephead on the shore lines. In the 20-30+ foot water, not so much as nibble. So I'm going to try and get out there earlier next year when they're hopefully around spring/early summer! Maybe get myself a trolling setup

Pic album of a few catches from this season in Hay Bay if interested --> https://imgur.com/a/oO9hQ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:20 pm 
Walleye Angler

my fishing buddy and i have been out for a couple days trying everything. The usual approach of trolling a worm harness tipped with worm isnt working lately. The bite has dried up. Today we tried deeper water with deep divers and even a worm harness with bottom bounchers.. The skunk was yelping loud and clear.. Not sure where they are because we marked lots but no bites, not even perch.. Good luck and keep trying

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:33 pm 
Walleye Master

Stay shallow and in the weeds. This is where they feed. The last place I would try is deep water until the weeds die off and the baitfish move out there. If you are marking fish in deep water, there is a reason why they are out there and they will not be active. Typically a cold front will push fish out deep and it seems like it's been cold front after cold front the last couple weeks. Looks like some good stable weather for the next little while. Things should improve in my opinion.