Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 5:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:31 pm 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

Team Superdad got out this morning to ply the waters of Hay Bay and environs.....

Rounding Ram Is, the NW wind was 'pushing quite a chop on the water. We decided to troll downwind over at the Church. We started at the weed bed 50 yds east of the ramp and fished past the ramp, when Young William yelled "Fish ON". Sure he had a 14 incher which he promptly released.

A little further, Superdave says "fish ON" - we netted a 17 incher. We trolled westward and I was into a fish. Dad netted a 25 inch pike, that he wanted to try, so that was added to the livewell. A little further Will cries another one, Dad netted a 19 inch- 2.5lb Walleye. No point trolling upwind, so we motored up the ramp and set up again.

We did that three times with a net result of seven walleyes, one pike, a sunfish and a perch. All fish landed with either the Chartreuse or Orange Uzick Spinner and Ripple Worm.

It was quite a morning as the last expedition last Friday netted up one crappie. So our fishing fortunes grew considerably.

Everyone was happy, everyone landed at least one walleye and we have fish for a fish fry, everybody's favourite.

Stay Tuned.

David aka Superdad

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:46 pm 
Minnow

Sounds like the fishing on quite has been great this year. I haven't made it down in quite a few years but will try for a fall trip this year. I am just curious who makes the ripple worm and if you have any favorite colors. I still have a few Uzick Spinners and may give them a try on the Ottawa river.

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:20 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Good job!

I went out yesterday. I've never had much luck in an east wind. I tried around the ramp and came up empty.

I went down towards the ferry and trolled to a while without much luck.

Decided to try deeper. I cruised slow until I found schools of bait fish with a big pocket underneath and some fish under them on the bottom, that I assumed where walleye.

Trolled Reef Runners in 24 ft of water and ran over the bait fish. Picked up two walleye doing that and a 33 inch pike.

The pike had pretty significant fairly fresh wounds part way up the tail. Looks like something grabbed it. Might have been the shark sighted off Kingston last year.

Everything went back in. Going back to try it in a west wind and see if I do better.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:05 pm 
Walleye

Nice going David!
Looks like things have dried up my way. Guess I'll have to venture further than just a few hundred yards from my dock. Lol

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:19 pm 
Perch

Thats great to hear Dave! Hoping the young lad and myself can come out soon and see you all at the camp again soon and pull in some eyes before the season gets cold and i start to dream about hard water! Jake.

banner ad
banner ad