Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:56 am 
Walleye Wisdom

I recently picked up a 300 foot spool of Bloodrun 20 pound Walleye Copper trolling line and want to give it a try this fall on Quinte.

Anyone us copper from Quinte eyes? I use copper for salmon, but will be first time using copper for eyes, often use leadcore.

I was thinking spooling one reel with 100 feet and another with 200 feet? too much? not enough?...

Thanks in advance.

Plus if anyone is looking to get out this fall on Quinte I usually have an empty seat or two in my boat, as my bass fishing buddies in the Ottawa area don't like cold weather or big fish I guess.

JimW

Smiths Falls DCI Redhawks Fishing Team Coach

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:31 pm 
Walleye Catcher

I use it all the time....In fact I used it this spring on Erie and did so well that my American friends all got some. I have 2 rods with Diawa 47LC and full copper. If I were you and had 1 spool I would split it. (It does take a big reel) I made a short video for my American friends to show them how i set it up.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3CzXflG7UY You can get the dive curve info off their website

www.limestonecityfishingcharters.com
YouTube Jim Lyon Fishing

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:51 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Thanks Jim. Great video. I have the small swivels from Bloodrun plus backing line and I have 2 Diawa 47LC reels I can use, so I will set up both with 150 feet of copper.

Jim Lyon wrote:
I use it all the time....In fact I used it this spring on Erie and did so well that my American friends all got some. I have 2 rods with Diawa 47LC and full copper. If I were you and had 1 spool I would split it. (It does take a big reel) I made a short video for my American friends to show them how i set it up.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3CzXflG7UY You can get the dive curve info off their website

Smiths Falls DCI Redhawks Fishing Team Coach

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:02 pm 
Walleye

I had a tangle ( arggggg don't ask) on a 350 foot 60lbs blood run setup. I have made up a 100 and a 75 that have produced Lakers in the spring and eyes in the fall.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:03 am 
Walleye Catcher

Oh ya....it is real easy to backlash.....line out alarm (clicker) and your thumb are needed.

www.limestonecityfishingcharters.com
YouTube Jim Lyon Fishing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:52 am 
Walleye

Yes! Clicker needed. My tangle came when deploying a shute line. Wheel man got um... distracted and made a nice turn. Copper crossed a wire diver with a spin dr.

Positive part was I salvaged just short of 200 ft. Copper. And only lost a bit of wire on the diver setup

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:25 am 
Walleye Master

Hey Jim I have used it for many years now. Nothing over 200' because I release all big girls. With 300 feet you only have a couple minutes to release or the air bladder will blow. I prefer leadcore as it has a slower rise and easier to release the big fish.

Al

Captain - Team ATOMMIK/Rockets

banner ad