Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:19 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:27 pm 
Walleye

After years of dragging my boat down from Muskoka to fish the trophy's the WalleyeWon Crew decided we give one of the Local Charter a go instead. We couldn't be more happy to hook with Scott Walcott of Bay of Quinte Charters for 2 days. Scott put a great package together staying at his West Lake Willows Cottages and fishing Monday and Tuesday of this week. We would have been happy to catch 1 Trophy Fish over 2 days but instead landed at least 4 and 3 Personal Bests among 6 guys. Admittingly a wee bit crowded but Scott was very quick to accommodate us all and I think that may have been a favour considered on his part.

This Blind Squirrel found his Nut on Day 1 late in the afternoon breaking a Personal Best I set some 34 Years ago through the Ice at 11lbs 2 oz...this little fella tipped the scales at 12.5lbs and I admit had me fooled thinking it was SheepHead. Scott was very quick to correct me as well as all of the other Crewmates and they will never let me down.
Attachment:
12.5lbs Personal Best.jpg

Unfortunately for me...another Blind Squirrel found his nut on Day 2 and Personal Best and claimed the bragg'in rights at just a smidge under 13lbs but some rounding to exactly 13lbs was in order for Andy.
Attachment:
13lbs Personal Best.JPG

Ike also Landed a Best at 9lbs...these Trophy's are back out there to fight another day. We did manage to keep some eaters and lost count after 10 fish in 2 days with Scott. Here's another beauty but unfortunately just shy of a PB by Bob.
Attachment:
Bob's Walleye.jpg

Our efforts were mainly East of the Ferry, not one particular spot and on various baits, speed was mainly 1.5-1.7.

Tip of the toques to Scott and his professionalism, what an amazing experience, highly recommend using any of the many Charter Boats guys for your BofQ Fishing Experience, I know I will be winterizing my boat long before the Fall Walleye Season begins and we all look forward to next years trip with Bay of Quinte Charters.

Steve
WalleyeWon and Crew

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:56 pm 
Walleye

Found a pic of our 3rd Personal Best at 9lbs...
Attachment:
2017 Nov - Bay of Quinte - Ike_.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:45 pm 
Walleye Master

Congrats!!! You chose a great Captain. I wouldn't hesitate to send any gold prospectors his way.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:26 pm 
Walleye

Awesome posting!
Sounds like you had a blast.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:44 pm 
Site Admin

not quite fair to call yourself a blind squirrel when your fishing with Scott. lol more like superman vision. great report and pictures and thanks for sharing

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:26 pm 
Walleye Master

Steve,

Thanks for the kind words and lots of laughs on the boat. I’m not sure,but I may have had more fun then you guys. Glad we were lucky enough to get a couple PB’s and some good fish. Quinte never ceases to amaze me and seeing those big mature walleye never gets old.

Dan, Mr. Steve here was perhaps alittle vocal and boisterous about his big walleye (making the guys kiss his hand as they stepped aboard on day two might have been alittle much (jk)). I was just humbling him a little bit by reminding him that even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. It was all too fitting when Bob hooked into the 12lber and topped Steve’s. Bob of course was a gentleman and was very humble about it. Lol.

All in all it was a great few days and having the fish cooperate made it all that much more fun. Looking forward to having your crew back on the boat next year.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

West Lake Willows offers 8 cottages and camping at the doorstep of the famous Sandbanks on West Lake.

www.bayofquintecharters.com, www.pictonharbourinn.com, www.westlakewillows.com

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:42 am 
Walleye

Appreciate the comments fellas...Landshark, Dan you are absolutely correct, being our 1st Charter Experience we were not exactly sure what to expect. We were made to feel very welcome aboard the boat. Scott controlled the boat, set and kept a close eye on lines(we did help), netted fish, cooked lunch, willingly shared his expertise...put us on fish, told "fish tale" stories to keep it light and fun but most importantly kept us all safe in some testy waters. I would be remise if I did not mention those fantastic breakfasts at the Inn before boarding the boat.

Like I said earlier...I will be winterizing my own boat long before the Fall Migration begins. The Lads are still chatting up our experience in our circle up here in Muskoka, problem is we will have to start taking applications and conduct tryouts early as next Fall is already in the planning stages. Next up is our same groups Fins & Skins spring event on Bay of Quinte...a little fishing combined with Golf amongst old friends, life doesn't get much better than that.

To those still fishing, good luck and stay safe.

Steve
WalleyeWon

banner ad
banner ad