banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:51 pm 
Walleye

I have fished BOQ every Fall since 2001, the year I purchased my boat and fell in love with the place at that time - I have many happy memories over these past 17 years. Unfortunately, my age & my health finally caught up with me & I ended up selling my boat this past summer. Terry, my usual fishing buddy for the past few years on these annual Fall fishing trips also had to sell his boat two years ago due to health issues and was not able to join me for the past two years. This Fall we were both feeling better and still had that “Fall BOQ Itch” but neither of us had a boat any longer.

We decided that we could both make a 1 day trip with a 1 night stay at the Picton Harbour Inn, our usual base of operations for these trips, so I called Scott Walcott to see if he could accommodate the 2 of us with a charter, but learned that he was fully booked for the rest of the season. However, he gave me the names of some other Charter Captains including Lloyd of U & Me Guide Service. I had never met Lloyd before, but was fully familiar with his boat as we had trolled past each other many times over the years. I called Lloyd and he was able to accommodate us on Nov. 22nd so I made our reservations @ PHI for evening of Nov. 21st. If you haven’t visited PHI recently, please do – the work Scott has done to new docks and landscaping (still being completed) – it is in one word – AWESOME !!!.

Terry & I had decided on a 6 hour charter with Lloyd and met him @ 8:00 am after our favorite breakfast @ PHI. Lloyd soon had us trolling up Long Reach off Thompson point and 15 minutes after getting set up, we were hooked into a double header. Terry managed to land his, a 5 pounder, while I lost mine about half way in. Still a good start to the day. Trolled this area for about another hour with no further luck so Lloyd decided to try east of the ferry. It took a while to find some action but we eventually ended up going 5 for 7 with our biggest being a bit over 9 pounds.

Thank you Lloyd for a job very well done and assisting these 2 old dudes in creating even more memories. It was well worth the price of admission, and health permitting we will do it again next year.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:26 pm 
Walleye Fry

I’m glad you were able to make it out this fall. Sounds like you guys had some great action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:45 am 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

Glad to hear that you were able to give Quinte another go Bill.

Thanks for sharing your trip.

Hay Bay / Kingston

Manufacturing UZICK Spinners for over 25 Years