banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:27 pm 
Walleye

This coming ice season we will be holding and 8 week tournament on the bay of quinte for all those interested ice anglers. Here is how we will break it down.

Each angler will be issued a random 4 digit pin on the Sunday night of the the weekly tournament following a received payment. Fees will be $25 per week with a breakdown as follows. $15 to the weekly prize pool $5 to the biggest overall walleye over the 8 weeks and $5 to the season ending classic.

Schedule will look like this:

Week 1 Jan 1-7
Week 2 Jan 8-14
Week 3 Jan 15-21
Week 4 Jan 22-28
Week 5 Jan 29-Feb 4
Week 6 Feb 5-11
Week 7 Feb 12-18
Week 8 Feb 19-23 (note short week)

Feb 24 will be our 1 day classic shoot out.

Rules:

Anglers will recive a random 4 digit number on the sunday night prior to the weeks start.

To "weigh in" a fish the fish will be measured for its overall length from tip of snout to tip of tail while being pinched together.
Also a measurement of the fishes girth at its fatest point. These to measurements will be combined for an overall lenth to determine the winner.
Both measurments are to be done on a flat surface with a tailors/fabric tape to be supplied by you.

To correctly weigh in a fish angler must take 3 clear photos containing 1. fish with lengh and your pin number all visible 2. fish with gith measurement and pin number all visable and 3 phot of you with your fish and pin number all visable. This will promote the live release of the big girls.

Anglers may weigh in as many fish as they want each week but only there biggest fish will qualify.

each week will start on the Monday and end on sunday night at 630pm. entries for the week must be received by sunday night no later then 8pm.

To participate in the classic anglers must fish a minimum of 4 weeks.

side note, just an idea we had to make the upcoming ice season competitive and fun while. any thoughts/ideas pm myself. Will also be creating a facebook page for all those interested.

Last edited by Musky793 on Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:42 pm 
Walleye

Should note this is just an idea we have come up with. Looking for input if it would be a good or bad idea also if everyone involved would be happy with just a length measurement of to do both.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:24 pm 
Walleye Master

Sounds like a good idea but maybe come up with a different name. That name has a history.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:31 pm 
Walleye

Sounds good. I will change it.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:32 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Musky793, As an avid Walleye angler on the BOQ I would think trying to get a set of 3 measurement and photos in freezing weather would do more harm than good, to a fish you hope to release. As a rule a fish that is going to be released should be released as soon as a quick photo has been taken. Also, I don’t see how your format could be called catch and release. There is nothing stopping anyone from measuring and photographing a fish, then just keeping it. Personnelly I would prefer a format where only smaller fish in the slot are kept and are given a draw ticket when you bring your fish to a weigh in point. Good luck with whatever you choose to do. Thanks, BATMAN

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:03 pm 
Walleye

Good points. Maybe just a length measurement? Like I said this is just an idea right now. All feedback will be considered.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:19 pm 
Minnow

We have had too many beers talking about this! I'm in even if it's me and you. Obviously the safety of the fish is most important, but most ice fisherman do have shelters or have friends who have shelters which makes it a lot easier to get a safe picture.

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:00 am 
Minnow

too bad about the 4 week minimum.cuts a lot of peole out that travel there only a couple times a season.im 4 hrs away.not going there 4 weeks

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:24 pm 
Walleye

Sounds like the cold weather will co-operate to ad in an early ice season but most are forecasting lot's of snow which could damper the ice thickness

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:49 pm 
Walleye Angler

If you handle the fish long enough to take 3 pictures and measure it it will legally be on your limmit, so your down to one big fish a day. So do you enter this one or the next one?

banner ad