banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:38 pm 
Site Admin

Took advantage of the low winds and beautiful weather and headed to waupoos boat launch. Launched and fishing out and around false duck. Water temp was mid to low 40's. It's not often that you have a nice flat run out to the islands. Fishing was fairly consistent all day with fish being caught as shallow as 17' and as deep as 45'. Boated 15ish fish and a few lost boatside and on the initial bite. Largest of the day was a 5.6 lber that came out of 37' Most of them were 3-4 lbs. Almost all came on an strike king coffee tube in goby color and a 3/4oz tube jig head. Also caught a few on the drop shot . Looking at the wind forecast and considering that the bass season closes Dec 15th it looks like that's it for the bass fishing.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:49 am 
Walleye

Hey Dan - great seeing ya's out there!!! Was definitely a great way to finish up season out there on the "Big Lake". Boy, was it ever crowded out there at False Ducks :) :)

I just dropped the boat off for winterizing yesterday - like you, I looked at the forecast and made the decision to tuck the boat away for the season. See ya on open water (hopefully sooner than later) ....................

Pepe

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:58 am 
Site Admin

hey Pepe, i almost didnt see you through the crowds of boats out there. I'm not quite ready to pull the pin on winterizing the boat. Will probably give the trent a couple of goes then pull the plug. It was nice chatting with ya. Lets do some ice fishin

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:26 pm 
Walleye Angler

Hey Dan nice of you to post how you did and how you caught them! Too many bass fishing guys out there think its a big secrete and won't tell anyone anything lol. I just started fishing those islands this September. Next year I will post how I do when ever i go out too. It's a big lake, no need for people to be so scared to help each other out.

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:40 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Bubblebuster. I generally dont mind sharing, send me a pm a few days before you go next time if I can make it out I might join you. Its not rocket science just covering water and using your electonics.

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:59 pm 
Walleye Angler

DanElliot wrote:
Thanks Bubblebuster. I generally dont mind sharing, send me a pm a few days before you go next time if I can make it out I might join you. Its not rocket science just covering water and using your electonics.

That sounds good to me I will definitely let you know, thanks!

banner ad
banner ad