Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:20 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:03 am 
Minnow

I'm just wondering when the ice is safe does anyone fish around / under the bridge ? Does it freeze enough? Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:25 am 
Walleye Master

Lots of current around the bridge and is always sketchy at best. Depending on the season and conditions you will see guys fishing close to the bridge but they are seasoned BOQ guys and even they are very careful as to how close the get. Many times it is open water all season so depending on your safe ice experience you may want to avoid this area or buddy up with some of the seasoned guys. Lots of good fishing in that area without getting to close to the bridge. Live to fish another day my friend...

Fishy Fishy In The Bay, Bite This Line And Make My Day....

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:16 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Fred Fisher wrote:
Lots of current around the bridge and is always sketchy at best. Depending on the season and conditions you will see guys fishing close to the bridge but they are seasoned BOQ guys and even they are very careful as to how close the get. Many times it is open water all season so depending on your safe ice experience you may want to avoid this area or buddy up with some of the seasoned guys. Lots of good fishing in that area without getting to close to the bridge. Live to fish another day my friend...

Good advise Fred, and when you see someone out there it is not just a straight walk from shore.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:28 pm 
Walleye

risky business that place

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:29 am 
Minnow

Ok thanks a lot Went down there a cpl of weeks to check it out It was packed with shore fisherman and must of been 20+ boats fishing just off shore In looking at Navionics there's some really sweet quick drops right off shore I just wasn't sure about the current Good to know - What about in front of Myers pier does anyone fish off there ?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:09 am 
Walleye Wisdom

EG3 wrote:
Ok thanks a lot Went down there a cpl of weeks to check it out It was packed with shore fisherman and must of been 20+ boats fishing just off shore In looking at Navionics there's some really sweet quick drops right off shore I just wasn't sure about the current Good to know - What about in front of Myers pier does anyone fish off there ?

If I were to go out from the pier after the ice is suitable I would park at the George St. boat ramp, walk out a few hundred yards then bare to the right(west) and you will find fish and fishermen. Do not leave the ramp then start out to the left{east} or you could find yourself treading water due to the warm water flow from the treatment plant. When the ice is suitable you will find many people out from the George st ramp that fish the north side of the pressure crack that shows up year after year with some people trying to fish the south side by crossing over the crack. Some fish it and well some get wet. Do not know the Bay just do not start out following footprints, take a spud and check your ice on your travels.

Why check ice?
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/op ... -1.4453251

My condolences out to this fisherman's family.

banner ad