banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Shermans pt.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:14 pm 
Walleye Fry

I will have an update on Monday, but by then it will be too late.

I'm coming down from hamilton ont....if it's good or bad, I'll be there!!!

Was wondering if anyone has ice conditions off shermans point boat launch. Caught a 12lber last year in the area...looking to repeat!!!

Any fish updates would be great.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:39 pm 
Goby

Good luck misterslim, but the guys on this site don't often share too much info, unless of course, you're in the click. Its just like a club with very few select members that only help each other out, not us outsiders, that come from afar to spend money in their towns and neighborhoods. We are, afterall, probably the real reason the fish are gone. Gosh darn city slickers! I hope you get lucky anyway, I think there are a couple fish left out there.....somewhere

Post subject: Shermans Point
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:30 pm 
Walleye Angler

Stan,
You comments are totally unjustified. I am a long time member and i see
information here all the time. There is no click here. i should know, i'm the webmasters father in-law and know a lot of members.If you read the
posts here you will know the ice conditions at Shermans and how the fihing is in the area. the purpose of this board is to share info. See the home page and see some of the members at the fall get together. All sharing info and having a good time. Thats what its about

Leon

Post subject: Lack of Info
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:14 am 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

One of the reasons I feel that there's seems to be a lack of info regarding the fishing conditions at locations around the BoQ is the many of those who are out fishing aren't members of the Quintefishing.com Beg N Brag Board.

There are many icefishers and soft water fishers who aren't involved with the Net and probably don't care about it. They're out there fishing and most often will share info when you talk to them.

There certainly isn't clique of fishers who are conspiring to keep information to themselves.

Hay Bay / Kingston

Manufacturing UZICK Spinners for over 25 Years

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:09 am 
Walleye Angler

Stan,Stan,Stan, where are you coming from man?? I think you are all wrong Stan.You are the real reason the fish are gone???? What do you mean by that?? A few fish out there?? Do you ever fish the bay?? Give your head a shake Stan. BTW, good fishin Stan :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:32 am 
Perch

Got to say, this site is an excellent source of fishing information. Friendly, accurate reports and hell I'm from out of town and everything! :D

Hey Stan, don't get your shiner's in a bunch if no one replies to a post that you've put up. Chances are it's not being answered because the topic/question has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Keep the info coming guy's and thanks to all of you.

Good fishing, :arrow:
CC Lad.

Post subject: Stan
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:41 am 
Walleye

All you have to read are the post eg. Point Anne,Deseronto and look for the most veiwed topics.Check threads from couple weeks ago, topics on WHAT LURES GUYS USE and locations they use. :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:42 pm 
Walleye Catcher

WOW Stan, Them are pretty hard words. I love this website as I very seldomly see posts like yours compared to other sites. I am fairly new to this board and I try to post results and spots as do many other members of this board. Everyone has their own opinion and if they don't want to share them they are intitled to and I respect that.
Hey Misterslim How did ya make out? I hope you did better than I did last weekend. I don't fish Sherman's as I live close to belleville and fish Pete's Point, Point anne and mass. point. I hope you had a great trip and caught lots of fish.
Sheldon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:04 pm 
Minnow

I have asked for info from guys on this site and have received lots of good stuff here, The young lad caught his first walleye of the season sunday evening , after I posted looking for info, thanks guys, great site. We were fishing Point Anne, silver mister champs. We had another fish on but lost it, both were on the silver mister champs.

Post subject: City Slickers ?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:03 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Stan the man,

I have found the the majority of contacts I have met on this
site are honestly giving out useful information. I have also met
many people on the ice over the years and they have never
heard of this website. Some of us that spend too much time
on a computer don't realize how few real serious fisherman
are not using this site. They spend their computer time on the
ice.

I'd be more than willing to help anyone out from Sydenham.
I've got alot of friends in the area. I'm from the town of Kingston.

Happy to help you,
BATMAN 8) (City Slicker)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:56 pm 
Goby

Sorry guys, I guess those were pretty harsh sentiments, I guess I had a bad day at work and was blowin off some steam. I don't get down to the BOQ very often anymore, at least not as often as I would like, I truly love fishing it and would rather hunt for that big trophy eye than catch a bunch of small ones somewhere else. I do still feel, however, that there is lack of communication on this site, mr. slim's message has already received 284 views in less than 24 hours and has only 9 replys most of which were directed to my harsh statements. Another message "point anne II" has had 491 views with only 6 replies in a similar time frame. There are alot of us that "surf" for where the action is before we head to the Bay to fish, but not many reports of how the "action" was when we fished, good or bad. I guess though that is why its called the beg n brag board and a few years ago we didn't have a luxury like this, we had to get out and find where the fish were, the hard (but fun) way. Since 1997 I have caught 4 fish over 10 lbs icefishing on the bay, a 10.2 at trident pt., a 11.5 at shermans pt., a 10.7 at huff's, and a 13.1 at huff's rd. all of which were photographed, weighed on a digital scale and slid back down the hole (much to the dismay of 2 yanks at sherman's pt. in 2001) to swim another day. I do like to eat a few small walleye from time to time. mmm... yumm. So looking back, I'd probably be better off just heading out to the Bay, hoping to get lucky once again, than sit here rambling on this gosh darn computer. Hope I did not offend anyone with my opinions, they're the only ones I got! I think I'll head out in the morning and try my luck, any suggestions? ( just kidding!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:25 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Good luck on the hard water stan, I'm going to try to get out tonight also.
Sheldon

banner ad