Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Northport report?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:31 pm 
Guppy

fishinwithfrey wrote:
When that mayday was posted myself and another member of the board went out to get them back in safely, we did it by cell phones

That was me and you Todd but before we responded there were lots of views and nobody reaching out. The only thing I'm saying is that the unneeded cracks at people looking for advice is dumb.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:44 pm 
Walleye

Yikes ....okay....didn’t mean to offend anyone here. I was honestly just looking for tips about heading out
Didn’t need spot/lure advice. I’m also not dumb. I spud when I’m not sure. However, I know
Northport can sometimes be a sketchy spot. Just wanted tips on ice
Conditions. It’s is called a BEG AND BRAG board after all no?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:18 pm 
Minnow

No one was offended!!!!! Pretty tough to give ice conditions when it changes overnight with this weather

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:39 pm 
Walleye Master

the ice on my bay is kind of crazy right now, just like our weather has been up and down many places have pretty good but also very mixed ice 4 black 4 white in a lot of places currents naturally have less but same mixture of white and black right now its very soft ice this is a danger time ice should be treated line new ice and should command utmost respect .......... the past week has been a big thaw this has really brought up the currents that does not help the bottom side of the ice one bit ....... the top side is crap no one in there right mind should ever go out on 4 inches of white ice so pretty much all you have to count on is the black ice below and some places that's just two inches ......... the good news is its going to get cold nights after Tuesday so next weekend should be pretty good ice for walkers ........ I hear there was a truck out on Big Bay this weekend I wonder if he knows how close he came to disaster because I would not think about taking a truck out on 5 inches of black when its -20 and that's just what you did with 5 inches of very warm white crappy ice on a +1 day.. use you heads boys and a spud never lies

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:48 pm 
Minnow

Grizzly wrote:
the ice on my bay is kind of crazy right now, just like our weather has been up and down many places have pretty good but also very mixed ice 4 black 4 white in a lot of places currents naturally have less but same mixture of white and black right now its very soft ice this is a danger time ice should be treated line new ice and should command utmost respect .......... the past week has been a big thaw this has really brought up the currents that does not help the bottom side of the ice one bit ....... the top side is crap no one in there right mind should ever go out on 4 inches of white ice so pretty much all you have to count on is the black ice below and some places that's just two inches ......... the good news is its going to get cold nights after Tuesday so next weekend should be pretty good ice for walkers ........ I hear there was a truck out on Big Bay this weekend I wonder if he knows how close he came to disaster because I would not think about taking a truck out on 5 inches of black when its -20 and that's just what you did with 5 inches of very warm white crappy ice on a +1 day.. use you heads boys and a spud never lies

That's right spud never lies.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:51 pm 
Walleye Angler

I watched buddy drive out while parked on beach rd..sat n watched in disbelief waiting for him to nose dive. Took some pics but didnt turn out cause of the sun,,. Thought i went through the bay of quinte time machine lol havent seen a vehicle on the ice for years ..

banner ad