Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:29 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
 Post subject: Weekend Report
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:09 pm 
Minnow

My son and I fished last weekend on the Bay so I thought I would provide our report. My parents live on the south side of the bay across from Trenton so I usually fish the West side of the Bay when we come down to visit.

Friday evening; fished in the channel approximately out from Bain park. Saw one fish on camera, did not come close enough to even mark on flasher. Had a good 14 inches of ice.

Saturday morning we went Trent River, fished in about 13 feet, managed 1 small walleye approx 1 lb, however we had at least 6 different walleye show up on the flasher between 7:30-8 am. Spoke to a few others who also said they had marked a few however they were not very aggressive. The one hut beside us caught one. Did not measure ice however I would guess it was 10-12 inches.

Saturday evening - walked cautiously out to the green can at Rush Bar, and fished in 15 feet. I walked along the shore line west and then out to the can as I did not feel comfortable with what I saw with the ice straight out from the parking lot. At the green can I had 5 inches, with only 2 being truly black ice. It was also clear that ice had broke up and refroze. Anyway I would say the ice was just barely safe for my standards and I also was wearing a floater suit with ice claws at the ready. Fished at the can until Dark and never marked a fish which surprised me. The ice at the parking lot is still pretty sketchy so please check if you go there.

Sunday morning back to the channel in about 15 feet, however this time closer to the Trent River and managed 2 fish between 2 and a 3 lbs. Son caught the 3 pounder to take the weekend derby between us, marked about 10 fish between 7:30-10 in total. Spoke to a few others, seems like the fish were not really on this weekend and to me it did not seem that location was much of a factor which is what I often see.
Oh yah saw a car driving down the middle of the channel in the dark Sunday morning. Crazy...

Hope to get out for family day weekend. Fishing usually picks up for me as we get later in February so lets hope the trend continues this year.

Good Luck and Be Safe.

Fish Stalker

Post subject: Re: Weekend Report
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:31 am 
Walleye Master

That's a great report

banner ad
 Post subject: Re: Weekend Report
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:18 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Thank you for your report.

banner ad