Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:10 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Without chains - answering the basic question - plus the snow in these parts over the past three days, AND the Sat-Sun forecast, we strongly suggest: DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT.

Even WITH chains, the snow level now will try to lift an ATV off the 'deck', eliminating ANY traction.

Better have a real good shovel, becuz chances are you're digging your way BACK, wondering why you came in the first place.

Walking is no longer a comfortable option in most spots, unless wind suddenly blows tons of this crap away. Sled time or stay home, and pat yourself on the head for being so smart. It's a damn shame, with the action so far this Season, BUT if you have Dependents, read all these posts very carefully.~

Rgds, Wordpecker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:31 am 
Walleye

Thank you for your offers @ gettin it done and papas fishing. With all the snow we got and what's coming we have decided to wait until at least Monday for better driving conditions. Good luck in your outings today and we will be watching the reports for better on ice conditions.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:25 am 
Walleye

Thanks all for the input!!!!!
I decided to go anyway thus night 400 bombardier going out was not bad.... I had my mind made up that it may be a short trip if snow too deep. luckily I met a nice lad at lucky's and we happened to be going to same area. so I offer him a ride and he offered shelter and good company. and home smoked herring and walleye!!!!! Did I luck out. winds thurs night were the worst I have ever been out in... had to be 60 K plus gusts.... bite was slow a few good marks but no takers.... I cant lie I was getting a little concerned for the ride back ride back. at least I wasn't alone. I gunned it all the way and drifts were lrg. all 4 tires churning and at times I thought we were going to get hung up on the growing drifts. I think I maxed out the capabilities of the quad..... sitting tight this weekend we need some sun to pack that snow down.
thanks again all for the feedback!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:19 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Quinte Ice Hut rentals has a road plowed at potters!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:04 pm 
Walleye Angler

I took a rip out to Indian Island (Native American?) on the sled, the only vehicle out there looked to be a Rav 4, last week there had to be a dozen cars, trucks and minivans out there.

banner ad