Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:16 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:04 am 
Walleye Master

I just got off the phone with a Merc dealer and he told me that when boats/motors get delivered from the manufacturer to the dealer the motor has no prop on it. The dealer puts one on. If the dealership is not located near the water, they cannot water test the boat and they just guess what size prop you need. I believe this was the case for me when I bought my boat. Best thing to do is have the boat water tested with different props to find out which prop suits your boat/motor.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:56 pm 
Perch

Thanks for the info, yeah I saw a 19" pulling less then 5k rpm wise. Grays on the new boat, hope you enjoy it, see you on the water.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:11 pm 
Walleye Angler

Just curious Andrew and Walleyebythepound you don’t have to answer but what is the boat worth? Looking into selling mine and getting a filler just curious the price range ? Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:35 pm 
Perch

Brand new, with the electronics I got on there, 42-43 before taxes, about 49 after taxes and fees. Mine is also a 2017 not 18

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:09 pm 
Perch

I have the exact same rig. 2015 boat and 2016 motor. Just running the stock aluminum prop. Not even sure what it is. Runs great. 35mph with a load.

Where did you buy it?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:59 am 
Perch

Maplecity marine in chatham. Replied to your email

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:49 am 
Walleye

Let’s put it this way, buying a boat is like buying a truck. You can buy a base truck for $25,000 or a loaded truck for $$90,000. It’s all in the options. I went with a galvanized tandem trailer, upgraded seats, stereo, 36 volt system, upgraded graphics and a Yamaha. Pretty close to Andrews price but electronics and bow mount on top of that. The boat is built and waiting to be delivered to DT Powersports to have the Yamaha installed.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:54 pm 
Perch

If you don't mind me asking how much did your set up cost? And what electronics? Sounds like yours is a bit more equipped than the one comming to me ahah. I got the 80lbs terrova, helix 9 si g2n at the console, helix 7 si g2n at the bow, big tiller handle with the titan hydraulic assist. The galvanized folding tongue single axle, whatever base stereo system that came with it, as vengeance prop (probably wrong size but hopefully they fix that), and transom saver. I think that was all the options on there. Spare tire etc. Do the yammi's have the big tiller handle or hydraulic assist? I'm pretty sure that *** is a big chunk of coin.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:51 am 
Walleye

I’m right at your price without any discounts added, but have a fair number of extra options added. I don’t have a prop on there yet either. I’m putting 3 Garmin’s on it,2 9” on the comand center and a 3rd on the bow. I also have Panoptix added along with a 36volt 112 Ulterra. The “Big Tiller Handle”is just a fancy name for the tiller handle the Yamaha’s is the same but does not have the hydraulic assist. It’s next to impossible to compare boats and prices because of the variables even though they are the same make and model, and every dealer is different as well.

banner ad