Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:12 pm 
Baitfish

I am planning a trip up for May 18th with my dad, we are going to be launching from deseronto, in the past we have only launched from picton. We have no knowledge of this area, just wondering if we will do okay fishing here shallow for walleyes or do we need to make a plan to run to the cement plant picton area? If so does anyone how long that takes via boat (we are 19’ with 150 on the back?

Also is there anywhere you can stop and dock and grab lunch In the area?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:11 am 
Walleye Catcher

Launching that boat from deseronto you’ll be good. And with that size of motor. Probably a 7 minutes run max right from the dock of deseronto to the plant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:13 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Deseronto has a good launch. The dock needs some repair but expect it to be fixed by opening weekend. Parking shouldn't be an issue. Pay attention to the parking signs. The Town hired a new Bylaw enforcement company, so not sure what to expect in way of enforcement.

The mouth of the Napanee River is a hot spot for the first couple of weeks. Also the south shore of Mohawk Bay south into Long Reach is good.

Water depth is 12 to 17 ft. in this area. A lot of guy's fish around the submerged cable which is a little further south on Long Reach.

Deseronto to Hay Bay is 10.5 km and Picton Bay is another 5 km. It would take you maybe 15 minutes or less to run down to Picton Bay.

In Deseronto there's two restaurants on the main street a short walk from the ramp. "Griddle me this" and the United. There's also the old hotel called the Dock Side Inn. Was by the other day, might be closed.

Depending how busy the park is, you might not want to take up a spot at the dock for long. I wouldn't leave anything of value in the boat while your gone.

If your down Picton way the Picton Harbour Inn has the Lighthouse Restaurant which is online and shows breakfast and lunch until 1:30 pm.
There's dockage at the Inn. Scott Walcott who operates Bay of Quinte Charters owns the Inn. If you considering that. I'd call the Inn and check on docking for lunch.

http://www.pictonharbourinn.com/docks-at-the-inn.php 800-678-7906

If there's anything else you need, please feel free to email me.

Hope this helps and have a great fish.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:24 am 
Walleye Angler

The only thing I can add to Roblin's post is you have to visit cubby's for the BEST fries, fish and burgers around. If you head towards the bridge you will see a cement dock on the north side east of the bridge, park and walk 100yrds, your belly will thank you for it.. Also early spring near the light house isn't a bad spot either.. Good luck...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:35 pm 
Walleye Angler

Just letting yous know cubby passed away a while back, not sure if his stand is goin to stay open...but im geussing yes. And yes walleyeone is right the food is good...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:43 am 
Walleye Angler

Keep in mind the rock pile just out in front of the Deseronto launch 50 to 100 feet directly forward from launch. low water its a prop killer .
Snarfy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:36 am 
Baitfish

Thanks for the info guys! Specially about the rock pile, that would be a terrible way to start a trip, is it marked by anything??

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:44 am 
Walleye Angler

Once upon a time it was marked with a black jug but its gone due to ice. Keep the trim up and all should be well.
Snarfy