Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:11 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Shelter valley tips
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:58 pm 
Baitfish

Hey all havnt been on in a log time but now i need some help big time! My dad and i would like to fish the run in shelter valley this spring but have no clue what we are doing. I have been told you can fish south of the cnr tracks any time and north of them any time after 4th saturday in april. Looking on google maps though i cant see how to access the mouth without tresspassing? Is there a way to get down to the beach in that area? I dont mind the hike if there is one or if we are better off waiting until the end of april where to go north of the tracks? Last year we drove down at the end of april to find all the fish had come and gone around the 401 bridge and a guy there told us we should have come sooner! Big dissapointment but we are up for round 2 hopefully! Im also told many of the creeks in that area also have solid runs in spring so if theres a better spot maybe send me a dm? We are catch and release anglers so dont have to worry about us ruining a spot

Post subject: Re: Shelter valley tips
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:23 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Fishing is closed in the shelter valley creek until the 4th Saturday of April this goes for all the streams around the area .Guages creek you can fish early not sure how far up ,Ganarasks river you can fish too from the train tracks early too be careful reg. are worded very bad.

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:17 pm 
Walleye

Fishing regs for Zone 17 say under additional fishing opportunities
For rainbows browns and salmon, open all year south of CNR right of way (train tracks) for Coburg Creek, Gages Creek, Ganaraska River and all creeks in Regional municipality of Durjham

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:28 pm 
Walleye Angler

Charlie is correct; to be specific year round open streams "Cobourg Brook (Cobourg Creek/Factory Creek)

between the southerly limit of the C.N.R.
right-of-way and Lake Ontario.
Gages Creek
- between the southerly limit of the
C.N.R. right-of-way and Lake Ontario.
Ganaraska River
- between the southerly limit of the
C.N.R. right-of-way and Lake Ontario.
Regional Municipality of Durham
- all waters lying
between the southerly limit of the CNR Right of Way and Lake Ontario"

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:26 am 
Walleye Angler

zack save yourself and dad a lot of work and just go to port hope for the opener 15 miles of river compared to a little tiny creek
there is no point fishing now fish are all up river however next year fish the area below the railroad tracks beside the boat ramp in Feb./march easy and simple
yes port hope is busy however sheltervalley is the same in a smaller footprint
if you need accommodations you are probably too late however if you get some nice weather,
camping is permitted in any porthope municipal park beginning the 4th Saturday of April (includes the Friday) free of charge
just south of the fish ladder and 401 there is a park with a baseball diamond great spot directly on the river with picnic tables Please obey the signs NO campfires city will remove you
good luck

banner ad
banner ad