All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: How did you make out????
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 5:25 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Wondering how Saturday went.

Love to hear the good news.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 6:11 pm 
Site Admin

I am knee deep in a home renovation but took time out to hit the Trent River for a few hours this morning. Never caught a fish and never saw a net lifted. A couple folks going out of pickerel park had the same result. Another buddy fishing the Napanee river also had the same report. I would guess that system that ripped through yesterday evening turned moods sour.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:50 pm 
Walleye

Fished long reach, Morning was slow and really tough to troll, only one fish caught. Saw a few nets go over. Afternoon we decided to drift, much better results, 5 good eaters, biggest fish went 4.5 lbs. Can’t complain. :D

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:51 pm 
Minnow

Got out for about 4 hour this morning off of big island before the winds got too much for the kayak. Managed one decent one but nothing worth of the tourney

How'd everyone else do? Back at it tomorrow morning - winds look a lot nicer.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 8:33 pm 
Walleye

Fished Napanee river because winds in Hay Bay would have murdered me today in my little 16' aluminum. Caught three pike, one was around 5-6 lbs and a smallmouth.

A few guys were fishing the shallow rapids at the bottom of the falls and caught a few eater size. Nobody exactly slaying them tho

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 9:41 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Thanks for the reports.

Wish I could get out, but like hearing about it when I can't.

Like Dan, I'm knee deep. Went to service my water pump and broke it. Figured now I'm in a mess, I might better keep going. Ended up spending two days renovating my pump room. Drove to Perth for a stainless pump. After two days without, turned the water back on and the shower broke. Ripped the bathroom wall apart and now working on that.

Two weeks ago the mower broke. Hope the part will be in next week. At least I don't have to cut grass.

Deer hunting the washer broke and caused a flood. Spent the second week putting the basement back together.

If I wasn't planning to fish or hunt, nothing would happen.

Only good news is a tree came down in the storm and missed my boat shed by three feet. Just remember, I have to cut that up.

I'm hoping to get out Wednesday. I'd like my wife to catch a Lake Trout. After that, I'm going for walleye, if something else doesn't break.

Keep the reports coming.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:55 am 
Walleye

Roblin wrote:
Thanks for the reports.

Wish I could get out, but like hearing about it when I can't.

Like Dan, I'm knee deep. Went to service my water pump and broke it. Figured now I'm in a mess, I might better keep going. Ended up spending two days renovating my pump room. Drove to Perth for a stainless pump. After two days without, turned the water back on and the shower broke. Ripped the bathroom wall apart and now working on that.

Two weeks ago the mower broke. Hope the part will be in next week. At least I don't have to cut grass.

Deer hunting the washer broke and caused a flood. Spent the second week putting the basement back together.

If I wasn't planning to fish or hunt, nothing would happen.

Only good news is a tree came down in the storm and missed my boat shed by three feet. Just remember, I have to cut that up.

I'm hoping to get out Wednesday. I'd like my wife to catch a Lake Trout. After that, I'm going for walleye, if something else doesn't break.

Keep the reports coming.
When it rains it pours! I’ve been there before, I think we all have. Lol Hope you make it out on Wednesday, always look forward to your reports.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:33 am 
Goby

Fished around Forester's with my daughter late afternoon till dark. Caught 2 eaters and lost a monster just short of the boat. Wind was crazy early but laid down before dusk when we hit the three.

Thomper

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 10:46 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Glad you caught fish thomper. Even better to have your daughter with you.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:24 pm 
Goby

8 eaters on Saturday at Hay Bay, and 9 this morning at the mouth of the Napanee. Almost all fish were identical, 18-21”. No hawgs

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:45 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Good fishing.

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 6:53 am 
Walleye

Went fishing in Deseronto on Sunday at the mouth of the river. Started out in 8 ft of water, and caught 1 walleye and 1 pike. Drifted over to south side of mouth and was in 2 to 3 ft of water on a rock flat. Wow, we hammered them. Limited out in 45 minutes. The other boats moved in and they got in on the bite. It last from 9:30 am to 11am. We were drift fishing with a ball jig tip with a minnow.
Nice way to start the season.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:14 pm 
Guppy

Anyone have any luck fishing the the mouth of the trent river near centennial park or the bridge/parks near belleville?

I wanted to take some friends who are new to fishing out but I don't have a boat so I was thinking of hitting up some shore spots.

banner ad