banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:45 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Morning everyone, I have just received the authorization from Soldier On to go-ahead and set up a fishing event for July 4th and 5th . This fall I had the opportunity to attend a Soldier on Event that taught the basics for Fly Fishing. I was really impressed at the support they were given so I thought I would try something like that in our region. They usually take about 10 injured vets or injured serving members of the CF and try and get them out to try something new. These could be individuals from all over Ontario. I’m looking at taking them on the Bay, morning fish for Walleye and possible afternoon fish for Bass or evening Walleye. The last time I posted about this I had some great responses. Now is the time to get everything lined up and go from here. For anyone interested in helping out here is the plan, What I need is 11 or 12 boats and the ability to supply tackle as well for the 2 days, this way there is a 1 on 1 with the applicant. I need anyone interested to send me an email to tylercurt@hotmail.com with their info ex: Real Name (and board name), contact info, size of boat, left or right gear, bass or walleye preference. I would like to launch out of Belleville if possible as it would be a shorter run to good waters.

I would like to set up a small committee and maybe meet some evening to go over the needs and basic stuff for a 2 day outing. Things like taking meals along for lunch or meet at a spot where all the boats can dock and have a meal ashore , who has marine radios, , Maybe a BBQ after the last day..Anything is possible.
Thanks in advance guys as I know this board will jump on the opportunity to help out a bunch of Vets that want to get out on the water.
Tim Sansom (tylercurt)

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 1:43 pm 
Walleye Master

That's awesome Tim

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 2:14 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Thanks Mike....I wanted to give back so figured might as well go with fishing as it's something I know, and the help from the board is great way to start...
Tim

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 12:38 pm 
Walleye

Hi Tim; give me a call or email.
Muskies Canada held an event last summer with Wounded Warriors Canada. It was the inaugural one and we learned a lot.
Some things we didn't think of and some we overthought.
I might be able to help answer some questions.
By the way good on ya for taking this on....

Tom

ifish2@persona.ca
705-292-1075

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:36 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Going to start emailing soon (monday) to the people who have volunteered to help out..Soldier on has put the word out. Hoping to launch out of Belleville, going to see if I can get the launch fees waved for the event at the launch so we can all launch in the same area. More to come, again thanks to all who replied...And there is still openings if anyone else would like to join in
Tim
tylercurt@hotmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:28 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Hi guys, I've been emailing those who had an interest when I first posted this, If there is anyone else who would like to help out please email me at tylercurt@hotmail.com and I will let you know the particulars, again it's the 4-5 July 7am -3pm thanks again for the support....

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:00 am 
Walleye Wisdom

On July 4th and 5th , Soldier On hosted 8 veterans on the Bay of Quinte for a few days fishing. With members from Quintefishing.com and a few other locals who stepped up, the boats were ready to go early Wednesday morning. This was an opportunity to give back to those that gave up their time to serve this country. With everyone matched up with a boat captain they were off. They had a choice of the type of fish they wanted to target, early morning most went after walleye, some landing a few but almost all caught freshwater drum. This was a first for a few and catching a big 12 lb drum for one gentleman was a personal best for any size fish. Day 2 was more of the same with big drum topping it off. Those who chose Bass had a treat also as a few Bass boats were available and the Vets aboard were taught many new techniques by some very knowledgeable guides. To top it off Gord & Kim's Nofrills in Kingston put on a great BBQ of steak, spuds , beans and deserts when everyone came off the water on Thursday. It was a great event for everyone involved, friends were made and future outing were talked about. Hopefully in the future this will be an annual event taking out 10 or more vets from all over Ontario and introducing them to this great fishery. Huge thank you to everyone involved as we couldn’t pull it off without your support…
Tim Sansom

banner ad