Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
 Post subject: Believe it or not....
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:44 pm 
Walleye

So last year fishing really shallow water at night(6fow or less), usually starting around 9pm-1am we hit a pattern and just started smashing them(walleye) We would catch multiple walleye of all sizes with less than six feet of line right beside the boat...

So we started talking... how many followers we thought we had.... for fun we tried the Muskie figure eight.... welll.... it works!!!! That night we got 2 on it. We also caught about 16 total so they were hungry..

Now it’s something I do on almost retrieve when fishing these times and conditions. Last night was slower but I got my fourth fish on the figure eight!!!!

Just saying.... not sure if anyone has ever tried this but I’m going to make it a thing....
If and when I get my go pro I’ll be sure to make this my first mission

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:18 pm 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

The fish are there during the day, no need to fish the night shift.

Hay Bay / Kingston

Manufacturing UZICK Spinners for over 25 Years

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:44 pm 
Walleye

I believe you however the same holds true for the daytime, I have had multiple fish days, averaging 10 walleye per person in boat for a 4 hour trip, usually get on water just before noon off before 5,
5-10’ of water, 2oz bouncers, approx 8-12 feet of line out, I check for perch by lifting the rod Over my head to check on the harness. I have seen good size walleye follow that spinner to within 6” of a the surface.
I am fishing out of a 18’ boat, they ain’t scared of it, however it’s all under power of my bow mount Minn Kota, a silent stealthy approach, lots of pike, drum and walleye upto 22”
This bite has been consistent since first week and as the weeds have started to fill in I have moved slightly deeper 8-10’, last week I was shown how to fish a weedless harness and will be using that in the shallows4-8’
Many don’t believe it, until I take them out, no subtle bite when a 20” walleye hits a bait on 12’ of braid, even more fun when it’s a 10lbs+ Drum
There are many methods of putting fish in the boat, just don’t always follow the rules, gotta remember fish can’t read.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:15 am 
Walleye

Hey guys, thanks for the knowledge!! If I could fish the day I would... I work 10-7pm so usually the time I get home wolf some food say goodnight and put the kids down I can’t get out any earlier... I get out in the morning too but usually troll rather than cast.
I’m going to continue to target -10fow and hope I can Find a time to go one day!

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:15 am 
Site Admin

Interesting thread. Thanks for sharing

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:13 am 
Walleye

Honestly, I don't think more than a dozen of my Walleye have come from water deeper than 13 ft on BOQ in the last 20 years and I would bet that most of the walleye have been caught between 5-10 ft of water. I rarely get the boat in the water before 8 am. I am more of a 10 am- 2pm fisherman unless I want to target bass.

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:34 am 
Goby

toddyfish wrote:
Honestly, I focus a lot better with nootropics and don't think more than a dozen of my Walleye have come from water deeper than 13 ft on BOQ in the last 20 years and I would bet that most of the walleye have been caught between 5-10 ft of water. I rarely get the boat in the water before 8 am. I am more of a 10 am- 2pm fisherman unless I want to target bass.

That's the best time to fish, Toddyfish. If your work allows for that schedule, that is. I can't wait for my retirement. haha

banner ad