Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:57 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:41 am 
Walleye Angler

jkd24 wrote:
Wtf is all I can say about that .. opp be auctioning off his fishing gear possibly? Lol

hopefully it's returned to the rightful owners

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:13 am 
Walleye Master

Looking back between 3 to 5 years ago, all i can find is great things to be said about Joe. Anyone who had anything to say about him talked about what a great guy and fisherman he was and how he donated to local events. I can't help but wonder what happened to make him change like that?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:18 am 
Walleye

adventure wrote:
Looking back between 3 to 5 years ago, all i can find is great things to be said about Joe. Anyone who had anything to say about him talked about what a great guy and fisherman he was and how he donated to local events. I can't help but wonder what happened to make him change like that?

Couldn’t agree with you more. Never met him but did speak to him a few times about booking a charter, but could never coordinate a date and he’d go out of his way to call me back and try to accommodate me.
Seems like some kind of Jekyll and Hyde personality disorder.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:46 am 
Walleye

SteelKrazee wrote:
adventure wrote:

Couldn’t agree with you more. Never met him but did speak to him a few times about booking a charter, but could never coordinate a date and he’d go out of his way to call me back and try to accommodate me.
Seems like some kind of Jekyll and Hyde personality disorder.

Mental health could be an answer. His brother and wife are also implicated so hard to imagine that some MH disorder was contagious. Drugs maybe? Or, maybe they were always criminally inclined and are just now being caught. Quite interesting in a sociological kind of way.

"(B)e wary of discarding the ancient system where we all have the right to make our own decisions for one in which we all have the right to make each others, in the hope of finding true human fulfillment through “positive” rights to other people’s money and applause?"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:28 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Let's not kid ourselves. I have an addictive personality and somewhat devious episodes of thought and back in the day I wouldn't think twice about doing the wrong thing and taking risks . Then I got married, had kids and realized it was time to keep it together. I grew up. A lot us us have it in us and for some it's a lot closer to the surface than for others. Many factors can cause us to flip on a dime and turn rogue if for a moment or for longer periods of time. It's All in how tight you wire your $hit and Jo Jo FLINTstock just couldn't see his way clear to check himself. Remember that the Devil was the most beautiful of angels and look at how that story turned out. Let's save the mental illness angle for those that truly suffer with it and need our deepest of thoughts and sympathy.

Ass Monkey

Last edited by assmonkey on Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:56 pm 
Walleye Master

Agreed, let's not kid ourselves. If someone who goes from a great guy to someone who commits arson and fraud doen't constitute someone who needs real help then i don't know what does. Sorry, but i don't find humor in kicking someone when they're down unless they actually do deserve it.
I never met him and maybe he was always like that and had everyone fooled or maybe like everyone said before, he really was a good guy and needs some real help.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:33 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

I can see your point of view and appreciate it. I know I do come off like a Di@k most often but I've had some nasty stuff happen with one of our own. Heart of gold and liked by everyone . Lost everything except us and his kids. Had to start from scratch, it was a long road back but he's made a hell of a comeback. But the tendencies are forever present.

I kicked him hard when it first blew up. We all did for jeopardizing everyone around him with his irresponsible actions and deeds. We still remind him till this day after almost 9 years. Especially when we see him amp up. OIf not for those gut punches who knows where we'd be today. So excuse me for bringing a hammer instead of tissues but I don't suffer fools gladly. Including myself.

Regardless of what happens it won't affect me a stitch. I do sincerely hope they figure it out. If only for those that depend and rely on them for their safety, well being and guidance to navigating this life which can be be filled with challenges and pitfalls and to share in truly meaningful endeavours.

Ass Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:33 am 
Walleye Master

I still find the whole thing very sad...…….. most people have different sides to them , and some sides of a person you might never meet and only know one side. In my case I only ever knew one side to Joe and that must have been his good side, I guess I'm thankful for that, and thankful I never had to deal with his dark side like some others have had to do. I am sure there is a few people out there who knew many sides of Joe, those would be the ones I worry about.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:08 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Well said old man. Well said.

Ass Monkey

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:35 pm 
Baitfish

http://www.intelligencer.ca/2010/01/07/news-briefs-7
going by this article the man is not new to troubles had a stolen vehicle stolen dealer plate 8 years ago

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:20 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Not to the same gravity of situations but ......Needed an e-test last Dec so I had one done and the car failed. A week later i had to purchase a Temp sticker. Did that. A week after that the engine light mysteriously goes off so I hurry into a drive clean center, had it tested and the car passes . It is now Jan and plates are due but do I renew them? I knew it was the wrong thing not to do but even after being stopped twice, making up some lame excuses i still refuse to do the right thing.

Stopped for gas on the way up North of Napanee and a cop munching a sub notices the temp sticker. Waits till I leave private property and pulls me over. He asks why I haven't renewed. I simply told him I was on a streak and hoped it would last till the renewal date. $100 later he tells me to enjoy my wknd and sends me on my way.

Like I said above it doesn't compare to arson, theft, fraud and abuse but trying to make the point. I always knew which path was the right one but chose not to take it and even became more embolden when getting away with it repeatedly. It isn't a mental issue. Humans take risks regardless in which facets of life. And some of us are willing to cross lines without batting an eye. That's just the way some of us are wired.

Ass Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:57 pm 
Walleye Angler

but really who gives a !@#k, let's get back to who's catching what n where ...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:58 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Have to do something between hook sets. Besides some of us enjoy setting the odd Fire.

Ass Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:12 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Boy's, boy's. As much as I enjoy a good roast, I will go off topic.

On the Bay today. Super hot and east wind to boot. Caught walleye in the heavy weeds.

They were pounding it. Some real screamers. Couldn't get good hooks sets on the bigger fish.

Did get a nice one in the boat. Back at it tomorrow.

Now back to the "Fire".

Sorry.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:27 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

hehehe. Good to hear they were cooperating.

Ass Monkey

banner ad