Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
 Post subject: Mid July Walleye
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:15 pm 
Goby

Good evening ladies and gentlemen,

My apologies in advanced if this has been asked/answered. Due to unforeseen circumstances, a northern getaway for walleye isn’t going to happen this year. I’ve fished the BOQ in June and done well, I’m just curious as to what the fishing is like in July ?? Will be in the long reach area most likely. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Happy long weekend ,
Brandon

Post subject: Re: Mid July Walleye
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:17 pm 
Walleye Catcher

We can only speak for the North end of The Bay Martyboy, from Deseronto to Consecon. A decent bunch should still be around at that point, BUT... getting ready to move West.

Timing could be a coin toss, AND... keep in mind we're experiencing one crazy freak'n 2018, including a week-long, record-nudging heat wave for the current seven day period. That may also effect things up at this end, particularly in the Western section, where water depth is mostly 20 feet or less.

Hope you have a successful trip.

Rgds, Wordpecker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:04 pm 
Walleye

Hey Brandon
Welcome to the forum.
My cottage is on Long Reach and I just got back from a long weekend of fairly heavy fishing on the Reach. There’s still fish around, for now, look for weeds fish over them and along the edges. We did pretty well. We also got a few down in Hay Bay. Uzick spinner rigs were our go to set up. If your not familiar with them just type in Uzick in the search box on this forum. I believe Pro Tackle in Belleville carries them.
Good Luck!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:36 am 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

Hello Brandon

Haven't been fishing much, too busy and of course it's HOT!!!!

The word I have from Hay Bay is that the bait fish are still in Long Reach but I haven't seen the big schools in Hay Bay.

Lots of boats in the Old Church area, fishing the various weedlines. I fished a week ago with my Grandson and he landed a pair of 17 inchers, on the Uzick Spinner rig. He was a HAPPY Camper :D :D

I got out Monday AM(the 2nd) and fished the popular area, landing a 17" in front of the Church Launch Ramp and picked another pair further west of the Ramp, one was 22". I was using a prototype of a blade I have acquired, it's the Swedish Swing blade in a silver, the colour has been working for some and then for me also.

These fish were in 8 -11 feet, and the weeds have grown a lot. You spend time cleaning the lure off but when you're only 30 feet back or less, it doesn't take a lot of time.

Lots of luck Brandon, those Uzicks are available around the BOQ.

Hay Bay / Kingston

Manufacturing UZICK Spinners for over 25 Years

banner ad