Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:44 pm 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

My grandsons and a friend arr'd Fri night anxious to get out and fish. Saturday AM, we got ready to hit the water.

We got to the Kingscourt Weed Bed around 0830 and got ready to fish. We had a newbie in the boat, who had to learn the line counters, the trolling and the recognition of the walleye strike.

It didn't take long and Fisher yells "Fish ON" and he has a real struggle, this was a bigger fish that dove and dogged its way to the boat with Fisher trying to reel in the fish. Finally, we could see it and it was a walleye and a good one, he brought the fish to the top and it was in the net.
What a Beauty!!!!!!!! His first walleye - 23.5 inches, scaled at 4lbs 10oz - not a bad start to your walleye career.

Trolling a little further and He yells again, "fish ON" This guy is HOT and he reels in another great fish. - a little over 20 inches.

We had found the spot and the bite was on, we changed Williams lure for a Superdad Swinging Spinner and he yells "I've got a fish", slowly the fish comes to the boat and Dad slipped the net and the fish was ours.

We all wanted to watch the World Cup third place game, so we ended the fishing after 2hours 20 minutes, total - 7 walleyes landed, one lost, a sheepie, perch and sunfish. Not bad for a couple hours.

We got to watch the World Cup, BBQ Hot Dogs and after the rain shower, we got the Tube out and spent an hour on the water tubing around Hay Bay, then a birthday party and cake.

What a day - one to remember.

Sunday, we got our for two hours as the game started at 1100. Fished from 0845 to 1045 in the same area, the bite was not a hot as the previous day, Albert was able to land a couple, one 20" and one 18".

Watched the BIG game ( Vive le France), a quick lunch and the gang hit the road back to the Big Smoke.

It was a fabulous weekend with the boys and their friend, we all had fun and plans are beginning for a return in 2019.

The hot lure was the Superdad Swinging Spinner ( a silver blade) fishing in 8 to 14 feet of water, the boats around mus were putting nets over the side all Saturday morning. less action on Sunday.

Sorry for the picture sizes, trying to use Canon Pix, Samsung Phone Pix and Iphone pictures.

Stay Tuned

David aka Superdad

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:20 pm 
Jumbo Perch

Those are some happy campers!

Thanks for sharing

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:58 pm 
Walleye Master

You guys are on FIRE!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:43 am 
Walleye Fry

What a fantastic trip for the boys. I bet the new angler is now hooked for life!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:07 am 
Walleye Angler

Way to go!

banner ad