Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:29 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:38 am 
Guppy

Hey all, question!

My dad used to bring me out there every year for 2-3 weeks of the best fishing ever.

We used to take our boat to a dam out there. I am trying to remember the name of the creek it was for, but cant off the tof my head. When taking the boat you went through a shallow bay to get there. You went under the little bridge and then through the dam and then it was heaven. Lillie pads, pike and Largemouth galore.

The last time I was there was 2000. At that time it was really low and the fishing was just awful.

I just wanted to see if this was still around, fishing is good, has it dried up?

I am hoping to take my kids(HOPEFULLY) next year!

Thanks all.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:48 am 
Walleye Angler

Sounds like you are talking about Shannonville and where the Salmon River comes into the bay. Old Highway 2 at York Road. I personally haven't fished there but see lots of smaller boats in the area. I'm not too sure about getting up the dam though.. Good luck, Tom

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:31 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

If it's a long way from the bay to the dam, then it's Salmon River. If the dam is close to the bay, then it may be Marysville Creek.

Beach Rd. crosses Marysville Creek and then the dam. Past the dam it opens into a larger body of water that's as you described, bass and lillie pads.

The dam on the Salmon River is surrounded by private property and this time of year I doubt you can get close to the dam in a boat.

The Marysville Creek is fully on the Mohawk Territory, so unless your a band member, you probably shouldn't fish there.

If your considering an alternative, the Lions Park at Beaver Lake off Cty. Rd. 41 in Erinsville is a great spot.

Nice park, playground equipment, picnic tables and shelter, washrooms, launch and dock, all free.

Shore fishing for sunfish and bass. Nice store across the road. Great place for the kids.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:17 pm 
Perch

I THINK YOU REMEMBER TRIDENT POINT ARE OF THE BAY--THERE IS A SMALL BRIDGE THAT OPENS TO A BACKWATER WE HAVE CAUGHT LARGE BASS THERE OVER THE YEARS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:05 pm 
Guppy

My whole family lives on the reservation. The Dam is on the reservation it self. You go under a low bridge and through the dam and it opens up into lillie pad heaven!!

banner ad