banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:15 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Hi guys, looking at seeing if there is any interest in hosting a 2 Day Ice fishing event for some Vets. I put together a summer event in July and it went well with the help of some board members and friends (9 vets and 9 boats). I suggested a winter outing to the Rep from Soldier On and he said he was ok if we could get the numbers and safe ice. I am looking for a 1-1 ratio if possible so what would be needed is: hut if possible, rods and tackle and heater, I have no idea the condition of the vets but they will have to be mobile as they have to move around on the ice. I am looking at mid February and hoping the ice will be good, planning on Hay Bay (usually good ice) as they might be staying at perfect Vue, if not Belleville area as they might be accommodated on the base in Trenton. This will be held MID WEEK so either Tuesday-Wednesday or Wednesday-Thursday, have to see how the logistics work out. It would also be nice if someone with a sled or quad could help as well, be nice to have a warn path out a few hundred yards from the launch. Looking at fishing 8-12 break for lunch then fish 1-3? This will be a great opportunity for some to get out on the ice and try something new and meet some new friends. This is just a feeler to see if there is interest, if you are interested or you have any questions please email me at tylercurt@hotmail.com or reply below
Thanks again
Tim

Last edited by Tylercurt on Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:02 pm 
Baitfish

I think this is a great idea. I was wondering how the vets are chosen. I also am a gulf war vet but would like to be on the helping side since I ice fish a lot. I can see if there are a few more that would be able to help out.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:21 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

I'm in

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:32 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Thanks Bill and Coralanna, looking good so far. Coralanna. The vets are chosen from Soldier On, you have to be registered with them to be able to attend their event, criteria for them is ill and injured, usually most are medically released or still serving with limitations....
Tim

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:15 pm 
Baitfish

Thanks Tim, I have lost a couple friends and would love to help out this winter. A fishing buddy also retired from the military would love to help out. We have all the toys and it would be a privilege to make a solders day

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:34 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Coralanna...PM sent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:41 am 
Walleye Fry

I would be definitely interested, but cant confirm for sure until you have it set on dates and time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:43 pm 
Walleye Angler

I may be available, depending on dates. Email sent.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:03 am 
Walleye

Tylercurt wrote:
Hi guys, looking at seeing if there is any interest in hosting a 2 Day Ice fishing event for some Vets. I put together a summer event in July and it went well with the help of some board members and friends (9 vets and 9 boats). I suggested a winter outing to the Rep from Soldier On and he said he was ok if we could get the numbers and safe ice. I am looking for a 1-1 ratio if possible so what would be needed is: hut if possible, rods and tackle and heater, I have no idea the condition of the vets but they will have to be mobile as they have to move around on the ice. I am looking at mid February and hoping the ice will be good, planning on Hay Bay (usually good ice) as they might be staying at perfect Vue, if not Belleville area as they might be accommodated on the base in Trenton. This will be held MID WEEK so either Tuesday-Wednesday or Wednesday-Thursday, have to see how the logistics work out. It would also be nice if someone with a sled or quad could help as well, be nice to have a warn path out a few hundred yards from the launch. Looking at fishing 8-12 break for lunch then fish 1-3? This will be a great opportunity for some to get out on the ice and try something new and meet some new friends. This is just a feeler to see if there is interest, if you are interested or you have any questions please email me at tylercurt@hotmail.com or reply below
Thanks again
Tim

I'm interested also. I was hoping to be involved with the summer one but I was out of the area (last minute thing). I have a 4 seater side by side with tracks, so as long as there is good ice, I can help shuttle people to their holes as well.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:22 am 
Walleye Wisdom

For those interested I might hold it on a weekend of February 16 – 18, this way we can get more volunteers out . So far just waiting for some admin from Ottawa and should be good to go. Again this will be very dependent on safe ice so things could get cancelled if need be. Again thanks to those that have replied and I will be in touch when I get more info. Thanks

Tim (tylercurt)
tylercurt@hotmil.com

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:41 pm 
Goby

I would be definitely interested, but cant confirm for sure until you have a date set.
thanks
Wayne Bee
cell # 905-691-0390

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:59 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Thanks Wayne , when I know I will share the info

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:27 am 
Walleye Catcher

Hey bud,

I will donate enough minnows for your group if you need them!

Let me know a day or so before the event, I will make sure you have them.

Stacy
Pro Tackle

(2 Km north of Hwy #401 up Hwy #37)

Specializing in Musky, Walleye, Bass and Pike tackle
Fishing Charters

Local phone: 613-968-4111
Toll Free:1-888-442-7456

Check our online Catalog at www.protacklefishing.com

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:42 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Thanks Stacey, much appreciated....Still waiting for approval from Ottawa, when it's a go I will get things going...
Tim

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:04 am 
Baitfish

If it's a weekend, I'm in. Hut, heater and tackle (and an ice Helix). Dont have machine to get out, always walk my sled. Live on Wallbridge Loyalist Rd if our Vets need rides. Can only get 2 passengers and my gear in my car.
See you for minnows Saturday Stacy. Northern Splake on Sunday with 4 dads, 6 boys and a couple stragglers.
Set it right the first time.
Jim.

banner ad