Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:10 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Just fishing in general.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:22 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Not a BOQ fisher normally during the summer months, save my Bay time for the winter It is my primary home for ice.
I do however spend a lot of time fishing the Trent which feeds the Bay a little to the north starting in the Frankford area and staying in the river as far as Round Lake. The summer has been kind to me with rewards of Musky, Bass and Walleye.
Walleye being the primary fish which this year so far has granted me numerous fish on all but 2 trips( trips to me are on the average of 2-4 times a week) walleyes have been on an average of 14 - 19 inches with 1 fish being 27 inches and another 26 inches. Many fish under 14 inches and a few in the 20 - 24-inch range. Method slow troll worm harness .7-.9 mph. most fish. 1 - 1.5 mph some fish not many and finally 1.5 and more mph a few fish.

Bass, not a bassman here but taken many on average 2-6 per outing with a few well over 4 lbs. these guys were taken either on swim baits or some of the larger #6 blade worm harnesses.

Musky so far 2 for the year one at 43' and the other at 47' but I will now start to ramp up and target them as a species since the water is now starting to cool down.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:35 pm 
Baitfish

I had a great trip up in Frankford on the Trent River a couple of weeks ago. Went right up by German's Landing and fished the shallows with weeds and a lot of structure. Ended up landing 2 smallies and 6 pike in an afternoon outing. I noticed there's a lot of guys fishing bass there, but didn't see many walleye anglers!

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:20 am 
Walleye Angler

great report thanks for posting..

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:03 am 
Walleye Angler

Good post , ive got a buddy who lives on the river there in frankford who has good luck with pike n musky, i havent had the chance to get up that way yet..

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:58 pm 
Walleye Master

I'm on the trent as well... life has been good to me so far, 8 for 12 muskie hookups so far this year and cold water hasn't even hit yet... I'm looking at a dozen season this year.....walleye. bass. pike, chanellcat....blah, blah, blah ,,

banner ad
banner ad