Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:01 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:12 am 
Walleye Fingerling

Im getting ready to take Lund aluminum boat out of the water for the winter, there is a lot of green brown scum under the waterline. what is the best cleaner I can use to run through my power washer any tips are appreciated.

Jonjo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:10 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Personally, I haven't found power washer detergent that'll take that stuff off without scrubbing.

I hit it with the power washer on the low setting to knock off any big stuff and get everything wet. Then I use dish soap in a bucket of warm water and one of those automotive bug scrubber pads. Then I wash it all down with the power washer.
The pads work well, without too much effort.

I bought the pads at CTC. They're a soft cloth washer on one side and an open nylon mesh on the other. The center is filled with sponge. I've had them for years and they were cheap. The mesh side takes the slime off.

CTC has the bug pads on sale now. I use Spray 9 for the interior cleaning. It works real well but you should test it out of sight first. It's on sale as well.

If there's a easier way, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:45 pm 
Walleye Fingerling

Thamks for thetip will try that

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:20 pm 
Walleye

Starbrite oxalic acid cleaner worked well for me, says safe for painted aluminum. It took the water scum off instantly with little scrubbing but wear gloves as it will dry out and peel your skin like a sunburn.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:07 pm 
Goby

pressure wash boat then use vinegar in spray bottle and wash by hand with rag and rinse with pressure wash Does a great job and keep water line a lot easeyer to clean on future use

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 2:42 pm 
Guppy

New boat owners are often overloaded with all available boat cleaning products. Since their boat was such a big investment, they only need the best boat cleaning products on the market. But the truth is that the best "cleaner" that is best suited for any boat is from https://spotcarpetcleaners.com/reviews/ ... t-shampoo/ I recently bought one myself and it’s really great. In addition to this, there are several, each of which specializes in a specific area or surface of your boat. What you should be interested in is that the brand’s best boat cleaner, so you can buy all of their boat cleaning products for your precious vessel. This is the best boat cleaner you want to invest in so that your boat is always in excellent condition.

banner ad
banner ad